• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Class looks to have Perfect Retention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Speaking of recruiting class, is anyone worried that we are seriously lagging behind in recruiting for 2017? Yes, it is very early, but by this time, we usually have quite a few recruits already

It is early but Houston and UCF have quiet a few commitments already. I have not seen much from USF. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I think we have an extremely high chance of keeping Taggart with success if the rest of the AAC looks good, and he feels like there is a foundation for continued success. Tom Herman, Matt Rhule, and Ken N from Navy all stayed at their respective AAC programs even with larger program offers. I think there is something to build here. Not saying it won't happen, but I don't see him leaving before QF/Mack graduate in 2 years.  Plus that is when his contract ends (not that that means anything)

I really like this outlook. I was skeptical when we started out 1-3, especially with the goose egg against Maryland, but I've always loved the energy Taggart has brought the the program. Things clicked against Syracuse last year, and I think he is great for this school. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 6/30/2016 at 1:19 PM, NavyUSFGuy said:

Jim Leavitts teams were way better than any Taggart has had so far. He certainly has a chance to kake a great team this year though

they never won a thing 

and except for a an upset or two his typically underachieved

leavitt couldnt recruit 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Speaking of recruiting class, is anyone worried that we are seriously lagging behind in recruiting for 2017? Yes, it is very early, but by this time, we usually have quite a few recruits already

We're going to have a very small class this year (like 12-13)  so it's not surprising that things have been quiet. CWT and the gang are probably going to have to really slow play things more than usual this cycle. Also, a lot of those early commitments that UCF etc has won't stick, that's just the nature of the beast.  Add that to the fact that we usually don't get things rolling until after sling and shoot and super bull and I don't think we should be worried. Now if we're sitting at one verbal by the end of August I'd start to worry. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wow, that was unexpected. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

This is going to be one of the smaller classes CWT has had to recruit, which shows how much young talent is in the program. USF still has its major summer camps coming up; Sling n Shoot, Big Man Camp, bet you start getting more commits at that point.

The only thing that's slightly concerning is linemen. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, smazza said:

they never won a thing 

leavitt couldnt recruit 

Leavitt's last class was #25 on Scout, #31 on Rivals and #27 by 247Sports' composite team rankings. So I'd say the statement "leavitt couldnt recruit" is just a tad off

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:33 AM, smazza said:

they never won a thing 

leavitt couldnt recruit 

How can you say Leavitt's teams never won a thing when neither have Taggart's? We are only comparing those two. Besides, those Leavitt teams sure won a LOT more than Taggart has so far, including making a #2 ranking, and winning huge games. Not to mention they had tons more notable players drafted. This shouldn't even be a conversation as to whose teams were better. Taggart has a huge opportunity this year to change that, but as of now, this is a non discussion. Leavitt teams > Taggart teams

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

23 hours ago, Ionbull said:

The only thing that's slightly concerning is linemen. 

I'm a little concerned about the O line. But QF is so elusive. It was a concern last year too but they really surprised us so hopefully that happens again. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

O-line and to a lesser extent d-line are my biggest concerns