• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Recruiting Class looks to have Perfect Retention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

59 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

So would you say it was you who predicted the demise of the employment situation of CWT at USF?  

How do you know he wasn't predicting a huge winning season that see Taggart hired away to replace Nick Saban at Alabama?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

2007 "Collapse" - 3 games lost by a grand total of 15 points.

Rutgers - completely robbed in every phase of the game... lost by 3

Uconn - They were ranked at the time, at home, and there was a snow storm... lost by 7

* By the way, Edsall said after the game that it was the best win in program history for UConn... when someone says that about a USF team again, I think we will all be feeling great about the program.

Cincy - Lost by 5. I think Grothe threw 22 picks that day. Amazingly, we had a chance to win the game at the end, but, dropped a catchable pass and got mugged on the next one.

I just can't see that as a "collapse". You can make an argument for the next year possibly, but, that year, the team was stacked and just had some bad luck. 2009 I think would have been the year if Grothe hadn't gotten hurt. Daniels wasn't ready yet. That year I think would have been very special with Grothe at the QB position.

For the first time since 2010, I am truly excited about what the season can be (I am always excited for the season, just more excited about potential results this year). I think Taggart turned a corner last year and I can't wait to see where we go. Flowers is extremely fun to watch and Mack may be the most special talent we have ever had at USF. I think if Taggart can build on last year, he can be successful for many years here.

I didn't use the word "collapse" but said we demonstrated "breathtaking inconsistency" by beating Auburn on the road and WVU at home and then dropping 3 games in a row.  We would not have lost those three games if we really were the second best team in the country.

We did consistently struggle as the season wore on under CJL.  A lot of people attributed it to depth or cold weather or his RAH RAH headbutting shtick wearing thin as the season wore on. I also feel that he struggled to come up with a plan B when our best player was neutralized (like Grothe or BJ or Hall) by Shiano and Edsel and Cinci's coaches. But he was never and offensive genius, he was a defensive guru.  

Both these guys have their flaws but I don't think we have seen CWT's ceiling yet and hopefully we have a special year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

On 7/5/2016 at 0:31 PM, mark_my_words said:

I am not trying to defend smazza.  He does have a point that Leavitt never won anything.  It is true.

Leavitt never won a conference championship ..... His time here, though, was full of win.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

Disagree, Leavitt was a good coach that relied on the strength of the team. Usually it was the defense. Any coach would have relied on Grothe, Daniels, Blackwell... Leavitt also coached a guy by the name of Andre Hall... we were a very run-heavy team during his time at USF. 

2007 "Collapse" - 3 games lost by a grand total of 15 points.

Rutgers - completely robbed in every phase of the game... lost by 3

Uconn - They were ranked at the time, at home, and there was a snow storm... lost by 7

* By the way, Edsall said after the game that it was the best win in program history for UConn... when someone says that about a USF team again, I think we will all be feeling great about the program.

Cincy - Lost by 5. I think Grothe threw 22 picks that day. Amazingly, we had a chance to win the game at the end, but, dropped a catchable pass and got mugged on the next one.

I just can't see that as a "collapse". You can make an argument for the next year possibly, but, that year, the team was stacked and just had some bad luck. 2009 I think would have been the year if Grothe hadn't gotten hurt. Daniels wasn't ready yet. That year I think would have been very special with Grothe at the QB position.

For the first time since 2010, I am truly excited about what the season can be (I am always excited for the season, just more excited about potential results this year). I think Taggart turned a corner last year and I can't wait to see where we go. Flowers is extremely fun to watch and Mack may be the most special talent we have ever had at USF. I think if Taggart can build on last year, he can be successful for many years here.

Isn't that the year BJ beat FSU in his 1st or 2nd start?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Isn't that the year BJ beat FSU in his 1st or 2nd start?

It is, and it was his first start.  It bears remembering though, that the USF defense was what really won the game.  BJ had the couple of long catches and runs on extremely broken coverage by FSU's defense, but overall his passing stats were pretty bad.  8 of 21 passing, 215 (150 on the two long plays, one for a TD), 2 TDs and 2 INTs.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Oh, and before anyone asks about QBR, I'll let someone like BullHornz figure that out. :)