• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench attempts to go pro

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

From Bench's Twitter acct;

Excited to say I'll be playing in the @fbs_bowl all star game in a couple weeks. Miami beach I'm coming back! #WhereTheresAWillTheresAWay

Looks like it's a first year all star game, Tropic Bowl . Great opportunity for players like SB, hope it sticks around.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Who wouldn't do the same thing?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, DataBull said:

I wasn't there, but I have his direct quotes that O'Brien told him the truth unlike the last three years.  

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to interpret that direct quote.  But live in fantasy land with Trip, if it makes you happy.  I call it as I see it, not as I desire it to be.

Data Bull you are 100% correct regarding Steven getting a lot of lip service the last 3 years. But because of the type of person he is he viewed the word FAIL as " First Attempt In Learning" & the word NO is "next opportunity " rather than complain & play the victim!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Kid has spent his young life around football and continued fighting to be a better player. There's no way you spend that much time at something without taking an opportunity like this to reach out to your dream. All else is chatter until you personally decide to move on. Best of luck SB.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

37 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Kid has spent his young life around football and continued fighting to be a better player. There's no way you spend that much time at something without taking an opportunity like this to reach out to your dream. All else is chatter until you personally decide to move on. Best of luck SB.

That's why this new bowl game is awesome for the less visible players .... Plus, noticed there was one earlier down there for non-FBS players. Hopefully these continue to get the funding to be ongoing .... NFL should be bankrolling both of them.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

16 hours ago, DataBull said:

Unless you think that Taggart lying by telling Bench he had a realistic chance to win the job was best for the football team.

Someone STILL thinks Bench didn't have a realistic chance to win the job?  Really???

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Someone STILL thinks Bench didn't have a realistic chance to win the job?  Really???

Someone STILL doesn't realize that QF got far more opportunities than he earned?

ROFLMAO

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, DataBull said:

Someone STILL doesn't realize that QF got far more opportunities than he earned?

ROFLMAO

He didn't..... He had a 8 win season I'm pretty sure he earned it. If you let a couple mistakes early in the season make you switch quarterbacks, you would never last as a head coach.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 minutes ago, DataBull said:

ROFLMAO

He literally took his 2nd opportunity and ran with it. The rest of the 8-5 2015 season is history.  I'm pretty sure Bench got more than 2 chances in 2014 to be the guy.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Jesus,  this discussion is still going on? Bench had his shot and Flowers beat him out and had one of the best seasons in school history. /2015QBDebate 

Best of luck to Bench who from all reports was a model teammate and Bull during his time at USF. I hope he finds a way to continue to be around the game he obviously loves whether as a player or coach. 

• Upvote 3