• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench attempts to go pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, DataBull said:

Time to stir the pot:

• "I've got no hard feelings toward Coach O'Brien. He handled it in a way that, at this point, after the last three years of my experience, I respect even more. "

Things that make you go HMMMM....

Someone better show this quote to Flowers. Once Woulard proves he's the real deal slinging the rock, Taggart would be clueless not to start him going into the season. Play the best player - not the incumbent because you're a bleeding heart. We have a ton of talent and speed. If AW is as accurate as I believe, he'll open up the ground game for Mack and company. AW can be our Cam Newton if given a legitimate opportunity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, CallMeCognitiveDissonance said:

Someone better show this quote to Flowers. Once Woulard proves he's the real deal slinging the rock, Taggart would be clueless not to start him going into the season. Play the best player - not the incumbent because you're a bleeding heart. We have a ton of talent and speed. If AW is as accurate as I believe, he'll open up the ground game for Mack and company. AW can be our Cam Newton if given a legitimate opportunity.

Show me one coach that's done that in a similar situation. You guys can keep banging this drum all you want up until August in an attempt to discredit CWT if he starts Wanky in the opener but it holds no water at all ...... zero.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, Z Bull said:

I take it by what you said that: 1) You know Bench personally to question his intelligence, football wise or otherwise, and 2) that you played QB in college so that you have practical experience to critique him, and that you tried out for or played professional football. 

If neither are true then the best thing to do is to wish him the best that he will fulfill his dream, or at least know he tried as opposed to always wondering "what if".   There are many "walk-on's" in the NFL or other professional football leagues that probably weren't expected to make it. Hopefully Bench will make it in one of them or know he gave his best trying to make his dream come true.   Don't belittle him for pursuing his dream if you haven't been in his shoes. I know there are things I wished I'd pursued when I was younger but didn't and have wondered "what if". 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, DataBull said:

Time to stir the pot:

• "I've got no hard feelings toward Coach O'Brien. He handled it in a way that, at this point, after the last three years of my experience, I respect even more. "

Things that make you go HMMMM....

Pretty telling that you conveniently omitted the next sentence in that paragraph .... "He did what he thought was best for the football team." So did CWT.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Go get em Steve!  Give them everything you've got and enjoy the experience.  Remember, when Columbus set sail for the new world only 95% of the population thought the world was flat and he was nuts.  Thank God for the 5%!

Go Bulls!

You know the Earth was proven to be round AND measured with about 95% accuracy in the 3rd century BC. About 1700 years or so before Columbus. Also, Columbus was borderline illiterate, terrible at math, a below average navigator, and horribly ignorant of 15th century geography. So your analogy is a little off, unless you're saying Bench should pursue his dream like a person destined to drown in the Atlantic unless he accidentally discovers a new continent. Feel free to take my Spring AMH2010 class at HCC starting in two weeks to find out more!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

You know the Earth was proven to be round AND measured with about 95% accuracy in the 3rd century BC. About 1700 years or so before Columbus. Also, Columbus was borderline illiterate, terrible at math, a below average navigator, and horribly ignorant of 15th century geography. So your analogy is a little off, unless you're saying Bench should pursue his dream like a person destined to drown in the Atlantic unless he accidentally discovers a new continent. Feel free to take my Spring AMH2010 class at HCC starting in two weeks to find out more!

Dropping history, dropping it all over!!!!!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

They prolly measured it in meters, not yards... So basically useless.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CallMeCognitiveDissonance said:

That statement wasn't lost on me either. But hey, we just gave a nice big extension to Coach Taggart after a late season run over some hapless AAC schools. We should have waited on that extension - but that's just my opinion. The loss to WKU only further proves that point. I'm hoping Taggart comes hard with it early next season - there's no reason why we can't take down FSU in Raymond James. Heck, Houston destroyed them on a neutral field - and how many years has that coach been running that program?

There was too much pressure not to give CWT an extention.  Can't blame Woolard or Harlam for extention as the SEC was sniffing around. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

49 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

They prolly measured it in meters, not yards... So basically useless.

Stadia. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Stadia. 

Thanks Mr Literal.