• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF Have A Real Shot In 2016 (Finally)?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

As long as the new offensive line comes together and we get some production from the new DE's we have a great shot. 

This, 100%. The secondary will probably be fine, but Byrd will also be difficult to replace. Great tackler.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Coaches still learning how to win. Maybe 2017. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We have a great shot...but we all thought the same in 2008. Hopefully this team (including coaches) has the attitude and aptitude to get it done.

2008 is an interesting comparison to make. What was it about those teams that we couldn't get over the hump during conference play?  I looked up the roster and schedule. Kind of similar roster, experience/depth wise. A lot of sophs and jrs that year who ended up with fair careers here. 

Coming off 2007 the exppectations were fairly high for us  the first time we started out ranked. Beat a ranked Kansas team (one of my favorite, nail biting, craziest games ever).  We got back up to #10 and were still ranked as high as #14 as late as Nov 1  

Why couldn't we win conference games? Was it depth? If we had key injuries we couldn't just bring in someone of like talent.  Was it coaching?  Was it that the teams we were losing to were that much better? 

Personally, i felt we were always a couple of key players away.  

Next year should be fun to watch. It should be us and Temple in our division again.  Navy loses not only Reynolds, but 10 starters on offense.  I also think UCONN is on an upward trend and will be tough for us.

Houston will be strong.  I think our 2 teams could be 2 very dynamic programs for the next couple of years.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

As long as Taggart gets out of his own way and let's flowers/aw make plays and doesn't resort to the conservative game plan we should be able to make it to the conference title game against Houston. Our conference schedule will be easier since navy loses their entire offense, Memphis loses the qb and will be with a new coach along with ecu and ucf. Cincy will want revenge for us putting 63 on them. Temple will be tough at their place. Smu might be better but we should still win it

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf has a great shot to win their division and conference title

they will never make the the 4 top slots with towson state on their schedule

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The announcers were just slobbering over how great their recruiting is and how many are returning.

One less weapon returning for Houston..

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14478714/houston-wide-receiver-demarcus-ayers-forgo-senior-season-go-pro

23 hours ago, CPR said:

I like our chances to make the conference championship. I don't like our chances against Houston.

In addition to losing Ayers, Houston QB O'Korn will also be transferring to Michgan as a graduate transfer... plus I think USF will win more games than the Cougars, so we would host the game, and I like our chances at home.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We never know until we do. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

52 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

In addition to losing Ayers, Houston QB O'Korn will also be transferring to Michgan as a graduate transfer... plus I think USF will win more games than the Cougars, so we would host the game, and I like our chances at home.

O'Korn was a non factor this year and they still looked pretty good at the qb position so don't think that's anywhere near the hit that Ayers is. Hope your optimism is right about us winning more games. I'm just glad we don't have to play them during reg season.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I like our chances next year. It'll be our best shot at a conference title in a long time.