• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Not too worried, but man this would be a "feel good" killer after all that happened since October wouldn't it. I just want one last shot to see what this program can do with taggart next year. So many changes already happening with the top teams this conference is ripe for the taking next year. 

Taggart may may not have a good record here, but he's doubled our wins every year while here and he may be hired now because teams know he's going to be a hot hire next winter. Get him now instead of waiting. 

Edited by Hueyhog20

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

Just feels like a punch on the gut.  Can't blame him, can you.  Harlan, the fan base, local media, lots of folks wanted him out a couple of months ago.

Maybe my whole Tom Allen is coach in waiting bit at the beginning of season was right on the money.  

I'll paste what I put in the other thread to alleviate some of the "poor Willie" mentality.

I wouldn't go "out" to an SEC job then. The performance was very bad up until the point when it all turned around. The playcalling suddenly became more aggressive. I am pretty sure the seat would have gotten a lot hotter at an SEC school.

In all fairness, people remained on the ship for two wins, four wins, and losing to Maryland. If I were him, I would look at how easy it is to recruit and win here. We could be the next Boise State and he would have lifetime job security pretty much. Everyone supports him now. I was a Willie supporter from the start but it was hard to justify the results and cautious playcalling after a while.

Imagine from his perspective if he were to stick around and realignment worked out with all of his recruiting pipeline in place locally.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Wait, people are surprised that Willie is pursuing a better opportunity than the one he has? 

Isnt nt that what you're supposed to do in life?

that said, I'm not worried about this in the slightest... He probably won't get the job.

I TOLD YOU #stayatusfcwt

No, you said we have a voice (which shouldn't need to be said).  Money talks.

Also, if he wants to leave: GET OUT.

Edited by Rocky Style

#leavethen

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I can't speak for everyone but my worries have nothing to do with CWT, this is simply bad timing for about a dozen reasons for our program.  We finally, after 4 season get back to a bowl and now this.  Even if he does not get hired, there will be damage control that needs to be done with the players, recruits...  blah blah blah.  No kid wants to come play for a coach that is taking interviews at other schools.  

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

you actually think Taggart would be "pretty dumb to leave now"?  you obviously know nothing about football and coaching.  USCe is a HUGE, top tier job that is probably one of the top 10 coaching gigs, but you think CWT should stay at a crappy AAC team that will NEVER become close to the prestige of coaching USCe.

Lol u serious? If USCe is so amazing why are they interviewing a bunch of b list candidates? Muschamp, Rich Rod, Willie freaking Taggert? Those are the candidates a "top 10" coaching gig attracts? Whatever you say bro. You missed the point anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

this would be a lot worse if it was in mid-january

Lol u serious? If USCe is so amazing why are they interviewing a bunch of b list candidates? Muschamp, Rich Rod, Willie freaking Taggert? Those are the candidates a "top 10" coaching gig attracts? Whatever you say bro. You missed the point anyway.

USC is a lower tier SEC job, but I guess it's an SEC job.

I can't speak for everyone but my worries have nothing to do with CWT, this is simply bad timing for about a dozen reasons for our program.  We finally, after 4 season get back to a bowl and now this.  Even if he does not get hired, there will be damage control that needs to be done with the players, recruits...  blah blah blah.  No kid wants to come play for a coach that is taking interviews at other schools.  

It's probably just to jockey for more money.  I was just doing the same at two companies lol.