• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time for USF to get serious about on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

Certain other schools, which I will not mention, have 'moles'.

We have deep-cover professional intelligence resources tasked with reporting substantive rumor, innuendo and outright fiction and fantasy to the cleared consumers of the 'Bull' product.

A world of difference.

Image result for spy

http://41.media.tumblr.com/0efeb4816b234b10624baf61caea69c4/tumblr_ms224uJTUv1sfdvrwo1_1280.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I don't understand how university financing works. Could money gained by the auction of WUSF's spectrum be used directly for a stadium? Some estimates show the sale being very profitable for USF.

UCF has two classes of bonds.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Build it and they will come.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

UCF has two classes of bonds.

Bobby and Barry?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Bobby and Barry?

does steroids use come free with those, or is that an upgrade?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I would be surprised if USF wasn't quite serious already about the stadium situation. The thread poses that the time is now-- the time started in 1995.

It is a matter of resources or lack of them basically holding them back.  This has led to most deciding the logical move was to delay the building of an OCS.

People compare the situation to UCF-- a school that has had a football team about 20 years before USF did. Putting aside what they built, we need to realize they had far less attractive options other than building as the Citrus Bowl was both much further away AND falling apart.

Whatever we do build someday-- I certainly hope capacity is an important consideration. Right now-- if we needed it, we could have a crowd of 67 thousand fans where we play. Most talk about only getting am expandable stadium built that is about 45K seats to start. If I were a P5 decision maker looking for a new member, I would see that RJS as much more fitting to the rest of the conference stadiums. 45K is not cutting it - be it on campus or not-- even if we turn people away at the gates because it is standing room only. It might suck to have to endure having a pirate ship in one end zone or other Bucs signage. I think we need to get over the whole Bucs hatred or need to have that traditional campus feel on game day-- or even give a **** if if Joe Coed can be expected to roll out of bed for a game because now it is so convenient for them.

My point is simply this-- we do need an on campus stadium eventually. The time for that process to start is now BUT not for conference joining reasons or image or some other attendance related pie in the sky WANTS (these are not actual needs). USF can get the ball rolling but you are fooling yourself if you think we will have an OCS completed within the near term. Money and time is what it takes.

I would encourage you to embrace what USF has going for itself today-- take pride in playing in an excellent stadium that is within reasonable distance from the campus.Focus on FILLING that stadium with people-- as this is something that would definitely help our case for inclusion with the big boys. And winning would help all those things happen-- even the OCS at some point. That is what we as fans can do. It is our main job in supporting the team.

sorry Mike, but all that is just your opinion and speculation.  There could actually be progress happening with an OCS right now behind the scenes.  Yes, this is just speculation too.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Of course it is my opinion-- it is a message board post. Perhaps if you had a cogent argument about something I wrote other than simply casting the entire comment aside as being "speculation"--- let me tell ya-- my opinion about how we should handle this is not speculation at all. It is how I think it should be handled by the parties involved - fans, donors, USF admin, city officials-- all of them. BUt please-- be sure to keep telling people the size of the stadium doesn't matter as much as the location on campus. 

This just in-- WATER IS WET

there are 14 pages in this thread with valid opinions in both directions.  Didn't mean to rustle your jimmies.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Of course it is my opinion-- it is a message board post. Perhaps if you had a cogent argument about something I wrote other than simply casting the entire comment aside as being "speculation"--- let me tell ya-- my opinion about how we should handle this is not speculation at all. It is how I think it should be handled by the parties involved - fans, donors, USF admin, city officials-- all of them. BUt please-- be sure to keep telling people the size of the stadium doesn't matter as much as the location on campus. 

This just in-- WATER IS WET

there is no need to be upset meme gorilla comfort lawnmower

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

56232142.jpg

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Bobby and Barry?

They were rated AA- in October. I wonder how the abysmal season attendance will effect that rating,

https://fixedincome.fidelity.com/ftgw/fi/FINewsArticle?id=201510261422BIZWIRE_USPR_____BW6362