• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time for USF to get serious about on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Why would USF not be eligible?  From that article on the RJS expansion .."The county’s contribution would come from 4 cents of the 5-cent county tourist tax, which must be spent on sports facilities or promoting tourism."

USF probably brings in more overnight visitors in a year than the Bucs do.  We have not only football, but all the other sports, academic and industry visitors, etc.  

Who owns the MOSI land?  Last I knew it was the county, the same group that is collecting the tourist tax.  It would make sense to get some of that money for a stadium and promoting tourism in northern Hillsborough County.  It actually seems like a natural use for the money.  

Go Bulls!

We live in murica and that means big industry and uber rich oligarchs don't pay for things such as stadium upgrades. If they did I don't care if your name is Soros, Koch or whatever you would buy a sports franchise.

Also, I don't think a there is the political will to give universities right now in general. If those funds aren't going to STEM there a waste. Universities are looking more and more to incubators and patents to create ROI to just getting more money. Any ocs conversation that relies sole too much county support will be doa 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

We live in murica and that means big industry and uber rich oligarchs don't pay for things such as stadium upgrades.

The uber rich oligarths over at One Buc are putting in at least $60 mil for these upgrades ...

The uber rich oligarths over at One Buc are putting in at least $60 mil for these upgrades ...

sure they do but look at the strings:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-hillsborough-county-near-deal-for-100m-raymond-james-stadium/2247857 

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/how-the-raymond-james-stadium-negotiations-between-the-buccaneers-and-the/2248015

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/fundraising/buccaneers-seek-state-funds-for-stadium-upgrades.html
 that one talks about the glazers over reaching. 

Also, it's make the renovations or we may move the team.

Those first two links are woefully outdated. Here's today's article ...

well played sir. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

I don't care if they make RJS the Taj Mahal. USF needs their OCS to have more control. RJS will be good for the AAC title game but not for regular season USF games.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Does any part of that $100m make the RayJay more USF friendly

... color changing seats (red/green), or Pirate Ship easily swaps with giant Bull, ;lol

I  would imagine that yes it does because they're putting up these corner screens that they can put the graphics up on every corner of the stadium. 

But here's a problem with an OCS, USF can't even afford to keep a good coach so why burden the school with even more debt? 

• Downvote 2

I  would imagine that yes it does because they're putting up these corner screens that they can put the graphics up on every corner of the stadium. 

But here's a problem with an OCS, USF can't even afford to keep a good coach so why burden the school with even more debt? 

Not to insert a little reality into this but how many good coaches has USF lost because they couldn't afford them?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,035
  • Days Won:  38

Not to insert a little reality into this but how many good coaches has USF lost because they couldn't afford them?

I believe zero.

I believe zero.

I do think we recently lost a good men's golf coach but after that, I got nothing ...