• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Even if worst case we lose him as long as we get a young energetic aggressive and smart DC I would feel ok.

Last thing we need is a old has been mediocre DC like Breezy 

Allens use to live in the area before..I think he really likes the area.. I see him at church on sundays...Hopefully USF can make a nice increase in pay to keep him.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

If that's true, why would they have let him leave? Why not toss some money at his last year to stick around? 

I don't think he's leaving Tampa anytime soon as they have a great thing going here.

Freeze recommended him as someone doing a great job and who would rise to the challenge of DC for CWT. However, when Ole Miss began to miss his influence this year and they saw what he is doing here, coupled with their own issues with their DC, they now want him back as their DC.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

If we are going to go with Willie, I was really hoping we could keep Tom Allen for one more year as DC...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Freeze recommended him as someone doing a great job and who would rise to the challenge of DC for CWT. However, when Ole Miss began to miss his influence this year and they saw what he is doing here, coupled with their own issues with their DC, they now want him back as their DC.

That's a slap in the face to me the way you put it.

I would say, thanks but no thanks.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Things happen when you mess with team chemistry...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

The best thing for USF's future is to have this staff stay around as long as possible. We've had too many coaching changes over the last 5 years, regardless of the outcomes on the field. 

First, USF doesn't have the money to TRIPLE what we're paying Taggart ($1 million per year).  USF cannot afford to pay what Houston and Memphis and SMU can... because USF doesn't have the donor base.

HOWEVER, I would think USF will extend the contract and bump up the salary pool.  I am willing to bet keeping the key coaches would be at the top of the list: Allen, Reaves, Hope, and Woodie.  The rest could be 'expendable' for salary reasons.

-------------

Interesting side bar... Allen and Freeze first worked together at Lambuth University... which closed in 2011 and the campus is now part of the University of Memphis.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390

We need to keep Allen no matter what

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if a good head coaching job comes along he is gone fellas

usf is not a final destination job since we arent inthe p5

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I think Tom Allen is as crucial to our program as taggart is if not more at this point. Tom Allen has proved more in his one year here than Taggart has in 3. We gotta do whatever it takes to keep him.

make him assistant head coach, double his salary I don't care, you don't get a guy that good walking into your program every day

Edited by BULLZ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1