• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think Tom Allen is as crucial to our program as taggart is if not more at this point. Tom Allen has proved more in his one year here than Taggart has in 3.

LOL no 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I like Allen and what he's done with the D...we should definitely make a run at keeping him here long term.  But while the defense has improved, IMO they aren't the reason we're winning games now...even last year with Breezy they were good enough to give us a chance to win; we just couldn't score more than 17 at best.  It's the offense that's winning us games now (and to a lesser extent special teams).  Just my opinion...and by that reasoning I think we could absorb losing Allen if we had to.  And of course if he keeps being successful he'll bolt for more money or even a HC position, so we'll have to absorb it one way or another eventually.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

We will extend Taggart this offseason and give him a big raise too, probably (to match Houston/Memphis). His assistant pool would go up accordingly as well, I'd wager. When that happens, Allen deserves more of it than his peers. I really don't care if we lose a guy like Pimpleton because he's gypped.

Please put a note for him in the prayer basket and how all of us TBP'ers want him to stay.

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't USF get a ton  of money when  the Football part of the Big East collapsed. 

If they want to compete there is no question they have to raise the pool for assistant coaches. In my opinion the reason USF has is turned it around is a direct result of the coaching on the offensive line and  the defensive coordinator. They not only need to pay Alan they need to pay Hope also. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

First, USF doesn't have the money to TRIPLE what we're paying Taggart ($1 million per year).  USF cannot afford to pay what Houston and Memphis and SMU can... because USF doesn't have the donor base.

HOWEVER, I would think USF will extend the contract and bump up the salary pool.  I am willing to bet keeping the key coaches would be at the top of the list: Allen, Reaves, Hope, and Woodie.  The rest could be 'expendable' for salary reasons.

-------------

Interesting side bar... Allen and Freeze first worked together at Lambuth University... which closed in 2011 and the campus is now part of the University of Memphis.

It's a good thing Taggart makes substantially more than $1 million per year, so it wouldn't have to be anywhere close to tripled.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Not Allen related, but there are rumors that Randy Shannon (former Canes HC and current UF Assistant) is being interviewed for the UCif HC job.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-assistant-reportedly-interviewing-for-ucf-job

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know about you. But, I'm still in WOW land after the last 2 wins. I don't care how they do it, they need to keep these coaches. The team has become....WOW. Games.....WOW. Coach Allen has brought an intense type of leadership and coaching that this team needed. Hope has the offence humming. Each week the team keeps getting better. Once again....please keep them all. I want this team next year to kick the butts of those chop-chop fools and send them  home crying.....Go Bulls!

• 4 weeks later...