• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers VS Woulard 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Flowers is the QB now and for the next two years barring injury. AW will be a good backup, and hopefully will have a great senior season.

Flowers has a chance to be the best QB ever for USF.

No doubt there will be bozos on here calling for AW if we lose a game though.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Flowers is having one of the best passing seasons statistically in USF history. Woulard would have to part the seas in training camp to even be considered. And that is not a knock on Woulard, it's just that Flowers is playing that well. The thing that makes him great is his will to win. Remember late in the SMU game (I think), he did this crazy flip for a Td on the sideline, pretty much injuring himself but scoring. And he is a great runner, much like Mack, patiently waiting for his blockers before nursing through the holes. 

Having said all that, this is a great problem to have. Competition will only make a guy like Flowers better. 

And let's not forget current QB commit Oladokun. Saw his senior highlights, I'm impressed. With all of these guys plus Kean next year, could be our strongest QB competition ever! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Flowers is having one of the best passing seasons statistically in USF history. Woulard would have to part the seas in training camp to even be considered. And that is not a knock on Woulard, it's just that Flowers is playing that well. The thing that makes him great is his will to win. Remember late in the SMU game (I think), he did this crazy flip for a Td on the sideline, pretty much injuring himself but scoring. And he is a great runner, much like Mack, patiently waiting for his blockers before nursing through the holes. 

Having said all that, this is a great problem to have. Competition will only make a guy like Flowers better. 

And let's not forget current QB commit Oladokun. Saw his senior highlights, I'm impressed. With all of these guys plus Kean next year, could be our strongest QB competition ever! 

Great problem to have. I don't think Kean ever plays a down at USF.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

This is a funny topic. If AW is better he starts. We better not be a program that takes seniority into account. QF may have played here longer, but if AW is better its and easy decision. The fact that people can write two and three paragraphs on this topic is insane. It's really not that complicated. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This is a funny topic. If AW is better he starts. We better not be a program that takes seniority into account. QF may have played here longer, but if AW is better its and easy decision. The fact that people can write two and three paragraphs on this topic is insane. It's really not that complicated. 

Of course it's not complicated, whoever is better should play. But, then again there could be complications. Like practice warriors vs game warriors, a better arm and decent running ability vs an ok arm and great running ability, etc...I'll trust the coaches to make the right choice that fits their system. I don't think it will be easy. I love Flowers ability to scramble and make plays. I don't think Woulard has that same ability.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314

How do you know AW is better without gametime experience? He can be dominant in practice but Flowers had demonstrated his in game management. I think we are all debating the QB competition pre season. And it's less an argument of who is 'better', more of who gives the team the best chance to win. And right now, Flowers compliments Mack and the rest of the O perfectly. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

A more accurate downfield passer would open up the running game even more. 

Depending on how good Woulard really is, Taggart and the coaches could have a really tough dilemma to deal with. Flowers deserves the first look and to come in as the starter, but i still think he is leaving a lot on the ground unless the receiver is wide open. 

It is a good problem to have. I guess it just depends on how good Woulard truly is. 

Our running game is already broken. Two 300+ rushing games in the past two... We must be in the top 10 in total rushing.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

There is no debate. Flowers is our QB. 

It's to know we have a capable backup if Flowers gets hurt.