• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers VS Woulard 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How many years of eligibility do they have left?  Flowers is a JR next year, but I thought I remember AW's situation ending where he had 3 years of eligibility left starting next year.  Does AW get an extra year?

Yes, Flowers has two years left and Woulard has three.  IMO, Flowers is the starter going into spring.  Woulard would have to unseat him.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Flowers reads the defense well and does not commit many turnovers. 

It should be Flowers job to lose. He has played well enough to earn that

I believe that's why he won the QB position over Bench and why CWT stuck with him through his early struggles.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Yes, Flowers has two years left and Woulard has three.  IMO, Flowers is the starter going into spring.  Woulard would have to unseat him.

So worst case, we have two good QBs and they both get a chance to play.  That's a good problem to have.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Obviously the coaches saw things in the spring that lead us to where we are now on offense. I trust they will make the right decision again next year whatever that decision may be. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I believe our record and potentially his QBR speak for itself. Every college quarterback misses passes. We have a true dual threat quarterback now that the announcers love to praise on national T.V. He's the leader of this football team and bar an horrific downward spiral, I can't see anyone arguing why he should be replaced AND repositioned. 

Be VERY VERY careful when you start screwing around with this. I know that reports on AW are that he says the right things this year, under these circumstances. And I don't want to imply that it would be different next year. Just don't mess with the chemistry of this offense.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

so worse case scenario for AW is he's the starter his RS senior year, unless someone else comes in and takes the job, correct

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

so worse case scenario for AW is he's the starter his RS senior year, unless someone else comes in and takes the job, correct

He can get some playing time, they could also work him in in some circumstances.  What if Woulard and Flowers were in together and they do some kind of sweep with an option to pass the ball?

If he is a stud athlete he should get some time.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

QF's accuracy is his weakness, but it has improved. The biggest thing for me is his vision. He has been great scrambling and finding our guys for big plays. Haven't had that kind of play from our QBs in a long time. No evidence that AW has that quality. We will continue to grow with QF leading this team. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

With the way Flowers played last year and the beginning of this year, I was weary and thought Woulard would be the started next year. The team and Flowers has done a complete 180 and Flowers is my guy now. But, he's a true dual threat and takes hits, so he's one play away from getting injured. It's great to have a QB with so much potential backing up Flowers since injuries happen all the time to Flowers-like QB's.

• Upvote 1