• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buried in an SI.com Article

Guest PCBull14

There is no denying that CWT certainly has shown us he can deliver this season. I think some may overstate how big the win over Temple was somewhat (they seem a tad over rated when you review this seasons results to be fair). I think it was a great win for USF and one we have needed for a while.

But before you get too excited about everything that this article points, just remember that short of him having a mentality of loyalty to USF like Coach Leavitt had-- odds are very high that he will at some point move on to the next bigger step. You can give the guy extensions or whatever-- that will not stop this process from happening. I would not blame him if he took a HC job at a P5 school with the right situation. I am also not worried about it happening either. I will simply do what fans should do and enjoy the improved football product we are getting to see.

Sadly I agree. I'm sitting at the game wondering if this guy can be our Frank Beamer but better and Allen our Bud Foster. Just don't see it happening, but I will enjoy the success. I think Harlan knows how to hire good coaches, so I'm worried anymore about replacing any coach of any sport quite frankly.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Who would Taggart leave for, he is a local, and USF is a really good place for recruiting and his network. If he deserves it he will get a raise. He may want to be a big fish in a samll pond if he can continually win here. Will he go to Miami if he is really successful? 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We need to keep Allen for at least one more season...recruiting could be a record year after this season, some big names will come calling for Mr Allen

That's my fear as well. Another year's production like this, and I'm not sure we'll be able to hold on to him. He's still a relatively new face for us, though, so I'm not super worried about the recruiting angle.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Who would Taggart leave for, he is a local, and USF is a really good place for recruiting and his network. If he deserves it he will get a raise. He may want to be a big fish in a samll pond if he can continually win here. Will he go to Miami if he is really successful? 

Depends. If Miami continues to bomb, he could be a possibility there in 3-4 years if we give him an extension and he keeps winning. 

Barring that, I could see one of the lower level SEC schools-his florida ties would be too much to pass up. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Forced by who?

Harlan .... this whole thing was set up years in advance.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It was my understand that it was the AD.

That is surprising.  I didn't think the former AD ever exerted that much effort.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

There is no denying that CWT certainly has shown us he can deliver this season. I think some may overstate how big the win over Temple was somewhat (they seem a tad over rated when you review this seasons results to be fair). I think it was a great win for USF and one we have needed for a while.

But before you get too excited about everything that this article points, just remember that short of him having a mentality of loyalty to USF like Coach Leavitt had-- odds are very high that he will at some point move on to the next bigger step. You can give the guy extensions or whatever-- that will not stop this process from happening. I would not blame him if he took a HC job at a P5 school with the right situation. I am also not worried about it happening either. I will simply do what fans should do and enjoy the improved football product we are getting to see.

I hope we don't lose Tom Allen AND Willie T at the same time if it happens.  I hope we can lock down Allen for a bit...

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

Yep, and I appreciate the honesty and understanding shown by Taggart in that statement, knowing it was win or be gone.  

He is young and still learning.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

That is surprising.  I didn't think the former AD ever exerted that much effort.

You talking about the AD that hired the now proclaimed Savior Taggart?