• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Buried in an SI.com Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Great article, and I'm glad the ship is seemingly righted.  

But I don't know that I buy that.  Who was telling him who to hire?  We know Woolard wasn't interested enough in what was going on to tell him what to do.  So who was he listening to?

Perhaps people he's friends with such as the Harbaugh? It would make sense that he would lean on coaches that have done it at bigger programs for advice 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But I don't know that I buy that.  Who was telling him who to hire?  We know Woolard wasn't interested enough in what was going on to tell him what to do.  So who was he listening to?

Maybe it was Harbaugh.  Who knows?  But anyway, the way this article reads, it sort of belies any notion that Allen was forced upon Taggart by Harlan, as some would have us believe.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Perhaps people he's friends with such as the Harbaugh? It would make sense that he would lean on coaches that have done it at bigger programs for advice 

IMO... Boosters have a knack for being influential and letting their opinions known (including to the AD any anyone else deemed necessary,) regardless of their actual football IQ.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I believe it. From the tiny window of access I'm allotted, I've seen him deal with it three or four times, so I can only imagine how often he dealt with it. A decent bowl opponent and a win would go a very long way for CWT cementing the footing he needs to succeed. If he's able to play in the conference championship game (let alone win it), that would go even further for him.  

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

Does anyone besides me wonder where these quotes came from? These quote don't sound Taggart-esque if you ask me. Great write-up, but who exactly wrote this article? Why is no one taking credit for this article? What is campusrush.com? How did this person have this kind of access to Taggart? Just curious.... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Does anyone besides me wonder where these quotes came from? These quote don't sound Taggart-esque if you ask me. Great write-up, but who exactly wrote this article?

When you actually click on the article, it shows you that the authors are Pete Thamel and Thayer Evans.  

I don't know about Evans but Thamel is a very respected sports journalist.  A very reputable name.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

IMO... Boosters have a knack for being influential and letting their opinions known (including to the AD any anyone else deemed necessary,) regardless of their actual football IQ.

Ah, now that makes some sense, sad as that is.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

When you actually click on the article, it shows you that the authors are Pete Thamel and Thayer Evans.  

I don't know about Evans but Thamel is a very respected sports journalist.  A very reputable name.   

Ahh okay. I thought they were writers for the website, but not exactly the writers of the article.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Recruiting...man, that just can't be understated. That was CWT's biggest win, and hopefully this season will only amplify it.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I've seen a couple comments that Bresnehan was forced on Taggart. Believe it was by twitter and the V5 guys.

• Upvote 1