• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

A note on, "sticking to what he believed in".  I think, and this is only my opinion, is that if you truly believe that something will work, you give it every reasonable opportunity to work.  You don't change just because it's not working at first.  That's what CWT did.

But then did he stick with what he believed in?  I agree with what you said.  He ran it for 2 years and it wasn't working out.  Changed things up and now is "sticking" with that.  Like I said before, I'm happy where we're headed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Here's a twist to the "new" offense, next year runs some plays with AW at QB and a two rb set will a toss pass from QF ot Adams.

Many, many, possibilities to become very explosive next year on offense.

Can't wait for Friday night and what's ahead for this program.

Hope more people purchase their bus tickets because we are started to fill those empty seats week after week with Bullievers.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But then did he stick with what he believed in?  I agree with what you said.  He ran it for 2 years and it wasn't working out.  Changed things up and now is "sticking" with that. 

I think he's changed a few things about how he operates, but by "changing things up," he hasn't changed his core offensive philosophy.  I think that's the nitty gritty of it.  Like others said, he's made a few operational tweaks but it's still the same offense overall, so yes, he has stuck with what he believes in.  

• Downvote 1

I think he's changed a few things about how he operates, but by "changing things up," he hasn't changed his core offensive philosophy.  I think that's the nitty gritty of it.  Like others said, he's made a few operational tweaks but it's still the same offense overall, so yes, he has stuck with what he believes in.  

So, changing to a hurry up, changing blocking schemes, putting in more read options, not using motion to confuse the defense, throwing some play action on first downs are operational tweaks?  Just a different interpretation.  This offense looks nothing like it did the first 2 years to my untrained eye.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This offense looks nothing like it did the first 2 years to my untrained eye.

Probably because it's being run/executed 100% effectively than it was the first 2 years.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

You are a fool or havent been paying attention if you believe his philosophy is unchanged.  I dont think Kinnan and the Harbaugh offense have much in common.  Essentially everyone eventually runs the same plays in cfb and that doesn't mean its the same.  I know this goes without saying.

• Upvote 2

You are a fool or havent been paying attention if you believe his philosophy is unchanged.  I dont think Kinnan and the Harbaugh offense have much in common.  Essentially everyone eventually runs the same plays in cfb and that doesn't mean its the same.  I know this goes without saying.

No need for name calling.  GaUSF and I sometimes disagree but we never resort to that stuff.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

The offensive philosophy really didn't change. He still believes in run first.  We went shut gun and took out the shifts, but the plays are basically the same.  

How much read option was Mike White running last year?  

How much read option was Mike White running last year?  

Last I checked, read option still involves a "run first" mentality ... 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

100% difference is CWT took the shackles off QF. Defenses are now forced to play us more honestly opening up space to create big plays.

in the losses to Memphis and Navy he slipped back to his old self.Hopefully he's learned his lesson and will keep the offence in high gear from now on.