• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

Gruden owns the "Gulf Coast Offense" moniker

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

"Flowers’ best escape this season to Taggart came against Temple, but the QB did it with his mind, not his wheels. Flowers noticed something in the defense where the play would’ve run right into the teeth of an Owls run blitz. Instead, he checked to a different running play, a zone read to the left (the pressure was coming from the right) and tailback Marlon Mack broke free for a 57-yard touchdown run."

That is very intersting.

Yeah. I read that and thought that was contrary to everything we've been hearing about Qs instructions for the offense "if the first read isn't there,  tuck and run". That implies he had football smarts. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Flowers has gone from a liability to a guy who I think may become the best QB in school history. I'm expecting huge things from him the next two years. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

Yeah. I read that and thought that was contrary to everything we've been hearing about Qs instructions for the offense "if the first read isn't there,  tuck and run". That implies he had football smarts. 

That's post snap so what he did wasn't really contrary to it ..... but it does definitely show some football smarts.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It took a few games but we figured out the perfect Flowers - Mack combo. incredible results 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Great great game from coaches to players....only thing missing was some throws to the TE. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

Good article but a couple things were curious.  Said he took over the play calling.  Pretty sure he's been calling the plays all 3 years.  And then there is the sticking to what he believed in.  Didn't he change what he believed in after 2 years of running it?  Not complaining at all.  I like where we're headed.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Good article but a couple things were curious.  Said he took over the play calling.  Pretty sure he's been calling the plays all 3 years.  And then there is the sticking to what he believed in.  Didn't he change what he believed in after 2 years of running it?  Not complaining at all.  I like where we're headed.  

Agreed, if CWT had stuck to what he believed in (Harbaugh offense, the crappy assistants who got canned, keeping QB from scrambling/making plays) then this would have been his last year. He's lying if he said he didn't want to keep his 1.2M job and looking like a complete idiot in front of all his family and friend in the Bay Area. CWT has grown the MOST of any player or coach in the past 12 months.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

A note on, "sticking to what he believed in".  I think, and this is only my opinion, is that if you truly believe that something will work, you give it every reasonable opportunity to work.  You don't change just because it's not working at first.  That's what CWT did.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The offensive philosophy really didn't change. He still believes in run first.  We went shut gun and took out the shifts, but the plays are basically the same.  

• Upvote 1