• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

The new offense

We can officially say that USF football has a new offense. And when it's working, it can rip teams like Syracuse and Temple all up.

You have to give CWT, Joe Kinnan and the rest of the coaching staff a lot credit for installing it. I didn't know how it was all going to work out at the start of the season, but I'm a Bulliever now.

What's still missing and how do you see it getting perfected?

Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it that much of a difference in play calling or did it really come down to having the right personnel, a mobile QB and familiarity with the system?  

We stopped with all the pre-snap reads and shifts and the formation is a little more spread out, but I think the basic plays are the same. I think a lot of the difference in success has been the OL developing. 

• Upvote 3

Is it that much of a difference in play calling or did it really come down to having the right personnel, a mobile QB and familiarity with the system?  

We stopped with all the pre-snap reads and shifts and the formation is a little more spread out, but I think the basic plays are the same. I think a lot of the difference in success has been the OL developing. 

I agree with this, but I also feel like Willie is putting a lot more trust in flowers recently, allowing him to pass more, and if nobody is open he knows that flowers will make a play with his legs. This is probably the biggest difference I've seen since the Memohis game.

• Upvote 1

The philosophy is and always was simple: recruit better athletes than the rest of the conference and results will follow. It took some time to develop, but we are just starting to see it now with our sophomore class. If we can plug the holes on the o-line with Thor, Mak and Brynjar leaving, next year will be even better.

• Upvote 1

This is a new offensive system.  The play calling has been expanded from the 1st 4 games or so but it is a different system from last year.

We can officially say that USF football has a new offense. And when it's working, it can rip teams like Syracuse and Temple all up.

You have to give CWT, Joe Kinnan and the rest of the coaching staff a lot credit for installing it. I didn't know how it was all going to work out at the start of the season, but I'm a Bulliever now.

What's still missing and how do you see it getting perfected?

I know everyone hated all the shifting and CWT tried to do too much too soon with that when he arrived (a blunder IMO).  That being said, I think we will ease us back into some of that to confuse the defenses more.  

The receivers need to catch the ball more consistently and Flowers needs to gain more confidence and take the next step on his reads and accuracy.  

That being said, I don't think Cinci is going to know what hit them this Friday.  Temple was a coming out party.