• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Carter: USF just lacks football IQ right now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

The improvement in execution is clear. If situational playcalling amd adjustments continue to improve Taggart will earn another year. 

The Memphis game was hard to watch and Taggart came out to Syracuse and Uconn and showed he can make adjustments. He just needs to continue that and I think he may win this conference one year. Time will tell.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

cwt needs to make a bowl game to keep his job

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

cwt needs to make a bowl game to keep his job

You been drinking already this morning? No way he gets fired even if we don't get a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

You been drinking already this morning? No way he gets fired even if we don't get a bowl game.

I wouldn't say there's no way he gets fired. I'd agree that missing out on a bowl game does not necessarily mean the end of the line for CWT. If the team continues to play the way it has and still ends up under .500, I think CWT may have made the case for a stay of execution. Presumably, this would include a win over both SMU and UCF, and if not both, than just one of those and an upset of one of the other teams on our schedule. I think he'd still keep his job at 5-7, but anything below that would mean some sort of collapse and I think he'd be on his way out at that point. The team has to play through the last six games like the first six in order for him to stay.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

This. Something about him I just don't like, but I tend to say that about most of the Mouse Sports anchors.

I know you guys are probably joking, and I don't agree with Kevin on this topic, but let's not forget he's a former all-American and 13 year veteran. He knows football.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

Is this thread about CWT getting fired or football IQ?  I don't know anything about football but I have an opinion. 

It it seems as though his first scheme was too complex for our players (and physically didn't match up either).  The shifts may have worked at Stanford, but confused here.  We seem to constantly have players out of position. CWT even said the game was too complex for the WR and they didn't start breakin out until he said to not think and play (warning- lots of paraphrasing).  I think Leavitt has some success b/c he had simpler schemes and let athleticism win the day.  Progressing was not in the QB vocab for quite awhile. Julemiste use to stare down his one receiver the whole play.  With that it does seem like the current players are keying in more on sophisticated analysis than prior press conference... So we are improving.  I'm also not sure if that statement by Carter was more of an indictment of the coaching, which did show some creativity with the change to inverted wishbone and waiting until second half to unleash it, thus limiting CTs response.

PS. CWT keeps his job. ;-)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I know you guys are probably joking, and I don't agree with Kevin on this topic, but let's not forget he's a former all-American and 13 year veteran. He knows football.

Actually, the way he put it, I think all he was saying is that we're a team/program in a building mode ...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Actually, the way he put it, I think all he was saying is that we're a team/program in a building mode ...

Didn't sound that way to me, but I might have had green/gold filters on at the time. It sounded to me like he was saying the only reason USF can't stand toe-to-toe with UF/FSU is due to coaching shortfalls, but was not so much related to talent.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Didn't sound that way to me, but I might have had green/gold filters on at the time. It sounded to me like he was saying the only reason USF can't stand toe-to-toe with UF/FSU is due to coaching shortfalls, but was not so much related to talent.

He said coaching, football IQ, continuity and maybe one other thing ..... but he ended it with a "yet", which to me indicates a work in progress.