• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Carter: USF just lacks football IQ right now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I woke up this morning and thought we needed another "how willie can lose his job" thread.

Wow.  You really lucked out.  Any chance you can think about another "we need an OCS" thread so that will happen, too? 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Wow.  You really lucked out.  Any chance you can think about another "we need an OCS" thread so that will happen, too? 

I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket. And a powerball ticket,

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think this team has the confidence to play against anyone left.  To paraphrase CWT in the most recent press conference though, there is definitely some adversity coming.  How we handle it will determine our season and ultimately, CWT's job.

I'm hoping we can surprise some people by good performances against the teams we have left, and I would love to pound UCF into the dirt at the end of the season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508

Did anyone watch the halftime show during the game Saturday? Kevin Carter said something Saturday at halftime that stuck with me. Talking about the lack of football IQ of this football team. That's understandable when you have a lot of youth on this team. Both sides of the ball playing in new systems. On defense they play out of position a lot. But with another year in this defense. They can be top notch. But on offense we're lacking a QB that'll scare teams in the passing game. Flowers learning how to play the position. We all don't know how AW will turn out to be next year. And he doesn't have live game experience. This team still need time to grow and develop football  IQ. Will they get a chance? I don't know. November's schedule is very tough. Willie T. could get fired after that schedule. 

It's funny because at the end of the game the announcers were talking about how quickly the team is growing and coming together and talked about how dynamic Flowers was.  But that part doesn't fit the intended message.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

You state this...but did you watch the 2nd half the game?  Coach Taggart and staff made adjustments and we won?  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Do you believe CWT have to make it to a bowl game to keep his job? They have to play Cincinnati Temple and Navy. Those games will not be easy. Then you have that Mickey Mouse school. He needs 3 more wins. 

im a self proclaimed CWT hater, and even I'd give him another year if he can get to ANY bowl and win it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

All Willie has to do is beat SMU saturday then beat 1/4 (navy,ecu,cincy,temple) plus UCF and we go bowling. If we lose saturday and only win 1 out of the last 5 Willie will be gone

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

Did anyone watch the halftime show during the game Saturday? Kevin Carter said something Saturday at halftime that stuck with me. Talking about the lack of football IQ of this football team. That's understandable when you have a lot of youth on this team. Both sides of the ball playing in new systems. On defense they play out of position a lot. But with another year in this defense. They can be top notch. But on offense we're lacking a QB that'll scare teams in the passing game. Flowers learning how to play the position. We all don't know how AW will turn out to be next year. And he doesn't have live game experience. This team still need time to grow and develop football  IQ. Will they get a chance? I don't know. November's schedule is very tough. Willie T. could get fired after that schedule. 

I heard it regarding UCONN football, not USF.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm hoping we can surprise some people by good performances against the teams we have left, and I would love to pound UCF into the dirt at the end of the season. 

+1  I definitely think like BDYZR about the performance in the games being the driving factor in CWT's future. But I'm totally all about the W for the UCF game. Going into Brighthouse and launching an epic whoopin' would give me a man-crush on CWT, a W would make me nod in approval, but another L would merit a flogging IMO, maybe for the whole team...arrrrrgh.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

+1  I definitely think like BDYZR about the performance in the games being the driving factor in CWT's future. But I'm totally all about the W for the UCF game. Going into Brighthouse and launching an epic whoopin' would give me a man-crush on CWT, a W would make me nod in approval, but another L would merit a flogging IMO, maybe for the whole team...arrrrrgh.

The one thing about CWT is when he came here, he already knew and acknowledged that UCF was the rival.

He explicitly called out O'Liar on recruiting which O'Liar snubbed.  Taggart knows the fans demand this.  Now that it appears he has the team progressing, I think he will not hesitate to unleash big points vs UCF (...plus it will definitely help with recruits, and that's Taggart's strength.)