• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Carter: USF just lacks football IQ right now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Did anyone watch the halftime show during the game Saturday? Kevin Carter said something Saturday at halftime that stuck with me. Talking about the lack of football IQ of this football team. That's understandable when you have a lot of youth on this team. Both sides of the ball playing in new systems. On defense they play out of position a lot. But with another year in this defense. They can be top notch. But on offense we're lacking a QB that'll scare teams in the passing game. Flowers learning how to play the position. We all don't know how AW will turn out to be next year. And he doesn't have live game experience. This team still need time to grow and develop football  IQ. Will they get a chance? I don't know. November's schedule is very tough. Willie T. could get fired after that schedule. 

How many qb's in college that scare in both the running game and the passing game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

How many qb's in college that scare in both the running game and the passing game?

Not many because a good DC will key on their weaker of the two and force the QB to play a different game.

Not many because a good DC will key on their weaker of the two and force the QB to play a different game.

Exactly .... We don't need a qb that scares in the passing game, just one that keeps that QBR over 50.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Carter also said something along the lines that we have the same talent on our roster as FSU.  Ridiculous.  How many 4 and 5 star players are on our roster compared to theirs?  

Guest PCBull14

Carter also said something along the lines that we have the same talent on our roster as FSU.  Ridiculous.  How many 4 and 5 star players are on our roster compared to theirs?  

He said we look like them. Note even close to same things.

He said we look like them. Note even close to same things.

You sure about that?  I thought I heard him say something about talent/players.  

BTW, what the hell does "We look like FSU mean"?  Do we have garnet and gold uniforms with spears on our helmets?  

• Upvote 1

He said we pass the eye test. Line em up side by side and we look the same ..... just don't have the same coaching, football IQ, continuity. ...... and he ended with "yet".

Of course he also said that UConn dominated the first half in 3 areas .... total yards, top and total yards.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Kevin Carter lacks football iq

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

Kevin Carter lacks football iq

This. Something about him I just don't like, but I tend to say that about most of the Mouse Sports anchors.

This. Something about him I just don't like, but I tend to say that about most of the Mouse Sports anchors.

He played for the Gators so that should be enough for you right there...