• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Carter: USF just lacks football IQ right now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Did anyone watch the halftime show during the game Saturday? Kevin Carter said something Saturday at halftime that stuck with me. Talking about the lack of football IQ of this football team. That's understandable when you have a lot of youth on this team. Both sides of the ball playing in new systems. On defense they play out of position a lot. But with another year in this defense. They can be top notch. But on offense we're lacking a QB that'll scare teams in the passing game. Flowers learning how to play the position. We all don't know how AW will turn out to be next year. And he doesn't have live game experience. This team still need time to grow and develop football  IQ. Will they get a chance? I don't know. November's schedule is very tough. Willie T. could get fired after that schedule. 

Edited by bulldozier1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The defense definitely needs to grow up more.  But its also suited for spread teams more.  UConn MD Dalvin Cook notso much.  I think the proof is we were able to hold Memphis down.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Did anyone watch the halftime show during the game Saturday? Kevin Carter said something Saturday at halftime that stuck with me. Talking about the lack of football IQ of this football team. That's understandable when you have a lot of youth on this team. Both sides of the ball playing in new systems. On defense they play out of position a lot. But with another year in this defense. They can be top notch. But on offense we're lacking a QB that'll scare teams in the passing game. Flowers learning how to play the position. We all don't know how AW will turn out to be next year. And he doesn't have live game experience. This team still need time to grow and develop football  IQ. Will they get a chance? I don't know. November's schedule is very tough. Willie T. could get fired after that schedule. 

If CWT gets fired it won't be because of the schedule.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570

If CWT gets fired it won't be because of the schedule.

Do you believe CWT have to make it to a bowl game to keep his job? They have to play Cincinnati Temple and Navy. Those games will not be easy. Then you have that Mickey Mouse school. He needs 3 more wins. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Do you believe CWT have to make it to a bowl game to keep his job? They have to play Cincinnati Temple and Navy. Those games will not be easy. Then you have that Mickey Mouse school. He needs 3 more wins. 

I'm not sure. I think it has as much to do with HOW we play those games as it does with winning and losing. Lose to SMU or UCF and it won't matter.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I don't see how dumping Willie makes sense unless the team completely falls apart down the stretch.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

to miss a bowl, we have to go 2-4 to end the season. In a year 3 coach with so much talent on the team, that would be pretty bad. Especially with two games we will be heavily favored. 

For financial reasons I think he MIGHT survive at 5-7 (unless one of those is to UCF), but let's all hope we don't have to worry about that.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I have a soccer ball signed by Kevin Carter that we got for $10 and my God daughter plays with it. That's how much I think about him.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I woke up this morning and thought we needed another "how willie can lose his job" thread.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

If we win Saturday, he will not get fired, because the team will be riding at 3 game win streak for the first time in the CWT era and they will have confidence they never had.  We will find a way to beat at least one more team at home and beat UCF.  I do think we will get slaughtered in at least one of the remaining road games.