• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Surprise - More of the same

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart's stubbornness makes me believe he will throw the school under the bus when he gets fired. He doesn't hold himself accountable for losses so I don't expect him to when he leaves. I could see his stubbornness extending beyond his employment and saying something like "USF wasn't the kind of school where I could attract the kind of quality players I needed to be successful."

That wouldn't really be consistent with how he's handled himself so far.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Never said we needed to abandon the run. I said we need to throw more to be somewhat balanced on offense and make the defense have to guess a tiny bit. I didn't even mention the FSU game in my post so not sure what you're addressing with that one. I left the FSU game off my list simply because that's an unwinnable game in my opinion. I'll bet you'll find the exact scenario in that game too where if you take away the final drive of that game for us we didn't throw enough. 

The run heavy approach in the first half of the Memphis game and FSU game obviously worked perfectly. However, when you come out of halftime and the other side makes adjustments you have to do the same. This isn't pee wee football. Did you watch the 2nd half of the Memphis game? Coming out run heavy in the 2nd half of that game I totally understand and it's not crazy. It worked for a half we are in the game don't fix something if it isn't broken, but there has to be a point when it clicks that Memphis made a major adjustment and we aren't moving the ball at all. We are losing. Time to throw a little. 

As long as the defenses realize they have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding the pass we will struggle unless we play a far inferior opponent. Competing for a half isn't enough for me. Not anymore. 

Completely agree.   1st half against Memphis we looked good pounding it down their throat.  2nd half Memphis adjusted and CWT did not....reoccurring theme, game over.

CWT is delusional to think that will work for us against better teams.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

That wouldn't really be consistent with how he's handled himself so far.

especially considering his comments following Memphis about his play calling. People ltotally ignore things that don't support their agenda. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The most baffling thing is he says stuff like this and he shows piss poor results on the field and yet he can still recruit high(er) level talent. How is that possible?

Based on recruiting rankings derived from people that do not coach football?  It's pretty easy to do.  Rather than looking for talented players, you look at players linked to high profile schools.  They get ranked higher by the pay sites because the pay sites get more money from fans of high profile schools.  When the high profile schools decide the player isn't really that good, or the player was just name dropping and not really being recruited by the big school you then go get that player to sign with you.  You have then signed a guy that has a higher rating than deserved and you win at the recruiting game, whether or not you actually signed a talented player.

Reality in Recruiting 101

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

A run first offense should be able to pick up a 4th and 1 against Memphis...

We did.  The refs gave us a horrible spot.  An accurate spot would have given us the first down with room to spare.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We did.  The refs gave us a horrible spot.  An accurate spot would have given us the first down with room to spare.

late to the party much?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't know about anyone else here, but I sure thought we got that 4th and 1 against Memphis.  Looked to me like a bad spot.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I don't know about anyone else here, but I sure thought we got that 4th and 1 against Memphis.  Looked to me like a bad spot.  

There were about 5 bad spots in that game. 3 when we were on defense and 2 on offense.  Not just a little bad but really bad.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

It is consistent with how he has handled things. His comments post-Memphis weren't a mea culpa. You have to look at CWT in the aggregate and not selectively pull a quote or stat from here and there. He is who he is.

Additionally, when Taggart was asked about his team's poor performance passing, didn't Taggart pretty much put the blame on his WRs?

Edited by SoTampaBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The thing about blame going to WRs is, it's an easy assignment ... if your receivers are dropping balls, which ours are, then they definitely deserve some blame.

CWT isn't out there dropping balls.  CWT isn't out there throwing interceptions.  CWT isn't out there missing tackles.  CWT isn't out there getting out of position on plays.  He definitely deserves blame for unimaginative and predictable playcalling, yet some people will absolutely not be satisfied until CWT takes every ounce of blame for every bad thing that has occurred to USF football.  

• Upvote 1