• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Surprise - More of the same

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

After detoxing for a few days, I think I have a better outlook on the team.

I don't think Tags will be fired and he WILL get five years. I'm sure we will loose some of our fan base if we continue to pile up loses(which I don't see happening from here on).

The worst that happens is Tags is fire after two more seasons and leaves a new coach with a bunch of Florida kids who can fly all over the field.

However, I do feel that Harlan wants to see what happens next year when AW leads this team out onto the field. Most of our team at that time will be 3 or 4 years starters who have felt the pain of loosing.

This slow "growth" or improvement or whatever you call it has been painful but I will continue to support these kids every weekend hands down.

I Bullieve we will get things turned around and even if we can pull out a bowl bid, we have a bright future ahead of us.

We all need to stay together and vent here as a group. I'm not at the point yet like Skips last year but I'm getting close.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think Tags will be fired and he WILL get five years. I'm sure we will loose some of our fan base if we continue to pile up loses(which I don't see happening from here on).

The worst that happens is Tags is fire after two more seasons and leaves a new coach with a bunch of Florida kids who can fly all over the field.

However, I do feel that Harlan wants to see what happens next year when AW leads this team out onto the field. Most of our team at that time will be 3 or 4 years starters who have felt the pain of loosing.

This slow "growth" or improvement or whatever you call it has been painful but I will continue to support these kids every weekend hands down.

I Bullieve we will get things turned around and even if we can pull out a bowl bid, we have a bright future ahead of us.

We all need to stay together and vent here as a group. I'm not at the point yet like Skips last year but I'm getting close.

I would agree if we were losing, but showing some dynamic play and it was at least somewhat exciting to watch games.  If we continue to grind out games and put only 17 points up and bore everyone to death the only one that will be around to see what Woulard can do next year will be Harlan.  For the AD, the biggest issue he is facing is things like 14,000 attendance for football and 3,000 for basketball.  

When it comes down to it, the AD's job is to raise money and sell tickets.  The style of play, combined with the losses puts Harlan in a tough position.  Because of the boring style of play, lack of interest in the program, I think the more apropos comparison would be to Heath's last year.  Boring play, low attendance, losing record (even though only a couple of years removed from our best season ever).  He had a lot of young talent on the roster, yet he was fired.  Remember, it was Judy that fired Heath before Harlan was hired.  Remember the gesture she made at the press conference about what she though of the boring style of play.  

I am thinking he really needs to get some wins piled up and get to a bowl game or there may be less than 10,000 at the Cincinnati game.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I thought you said you detoxed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I thought you said you detoxed

:roflmao: I did, maybe rehab next?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

We better stay a run first team, look where our offensive talent lies. 3 RB's. That being said, we need to pass more to keep the opponents from stacking the box, knowing the run is coming every down. 

So - run first ---- yes! 

Run all the time --- no!

Clear, lucid and accurate post ..... which is pretty much wasted on the board at this time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

Clear, lucid and accurate post ..... which is pretty much wasted on the board at this time.

I come here for the insight but I stay for the crazies.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I come here for the insight but I stay for the crazies.

Nice .... Would make a nice signature.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

run first is fine -- but we don't even know what we have at WR... They NEVER get the ball. We have talent at WR. Not sure how/why they stay.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

run first is fine -- but we don't even know what we have at WR... They NEVER get the ball. We have talent at WR. Not sure how/why they stay.

but they don't catch it when it's thrown to them :baghead:

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We have good athletes at WR.  At this level there is a lot more to the position.  Can they get separation, run crisp, proper routes, can they hold the ball when thrown to them?  This has been a problem for us for a long time.  Not just during Taggart's time here.

Run first is fine, but there has to be a bit more to the offense than just the three inch touch pass.