• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Surprise - More of the same

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

like Taggart said we don't have the type of offense that is going to throw 80 times per game. Flowers has 85 attempts this year. that's over20 per game. he averages 13+ carries per game. those are ideal splits for our offense although game situations probably dictated more passing especially against maryland. I'd like to see us run outside the tackles more.

he has 44 pass attempts in the first half and 41 in the 2nd half so not sure why you think he only throws in 4th quarter when we are down.

How many of those pass attempts in the first half are the jet sweep where Adams comes across the field pre-snap, Flowers hikes the ball and tosses it to him like a hand off? 10? 15?

You're not watching if you think we throw the ball enough throughout the first 3 quarters of our football games. I've never said we need to be a 50/50 run to pass team or need to throw it all the time. We have to throw the football more when the defense is not expecting it. Not only to try and have a little bit of balance and make the defense think about respecting the pass, but to open up the running game more. If you watch these games we play the defenses make adjustments and saying they stack the box is an understatement. They usually have 9-10 players within 7 yards of the LOS. That's ridiculous. If Taggart or you think we are going to have any kind of offensive success running the football in that situation you're nuts.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Pretty sure the Flowers v Bench argument is over.  Flowers is the starter.  He's shown enough at times that they need to trust him to throw the ball more and change the playcalling.  I think if we really go uptempo, throw the ball on quick patterns on other than 3rd down and take the occasional shot downfield that he can have some success.  

This. 

If you truly want to give somebody the freedom to succeed you also have to give them the freedom to fail. CWT seems to be trying to protect Flowers with his play calling at the expense of the rest of the offense. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

How many of those pass attempts in the first half are the jet sweep where Adams comes across the field pre-snap, Flowers hikes the ball and tosses it to him like a hand off? 10? 15?

You're not watching if you think we throw the ball enough throughout the first 3 quarters of our football games. I've never said we need to be a 50/50 run to pass team or need to throw it all the time. We have to throw the football more when the defense is not expecting it. Not only to try and have a little bit of balance and make the defense think about respecting the pass, but to open up the running game more. If you watch these games we play the defenses make adjustments and saying they stack the box is an understatement. They usually have 9-10 players within 7 yards of the LOS. That's ridiculous. If Taggart or you think we are going to have any kind of offensive success running the football in that situation you're nuts.  

I have been advocating for more downfield passing. I think Taggart needs to stretch the defense more both vertically by passing downfield and horizontally by running outside the tackles more.

You won't get an argument from me there. All i said was that the splits show that we pass more in the first half than we do in the 2nd. I assume we also run the jet sweep in the 2nd half.