• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Surprise - More of the same

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

He's like the energizer bunny of silly quotes-

Taggart reiterated how important it will be for QB Quinton Flowers to utilize TEs Sean Price and Kano Dillon consistently against the Orange. "For a quarterback that can't necessarily see over the line all the time, it's great to have some big targets to throw the ball to," he said. ...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/reilly-gibbons-could-debut-saturday/2248969

so now he's blaming QF's height? :baghead:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I mean it's quite possible. Anything is possible, but we don't throw the ball enough for anyone to really know if they're getting open or not on a regular basis. There have been plenty of missed throws on wide open receivers on the few times we have thrown. On top of that, when we do throw the football we're down late in the 4th quarter when the defense knows we are throwing and playing 6+ defensive backs on the field so you're probably not going to see wide open receivers. 

like Taggart said we don't have the type of offense that is going to throw 80 times per game. Flowers has 85 attempts this year. that's over20 per game. he averages 13+ carries per game. those are ideal splits for our offense although game situations probably dictated more passing especially against maryland. I'd like to see us run outside the tackles more.

he has 44 pass attempts in the first half and 41 in the 2nd half so not sure why you think he only throws in 4th quarter when we are down.

like Taggart said we don't have the type of offense that is going to throw 80 times per game. Flowers has 85 attempts this year. that's over20 per game. he averages 13+ carries per game. those are ideal splits for our offense although game situations probably dictated more passing especially against maryland. I'd like to see us run outside the tackles more.

he has 44 pass attempts in the first half and 41 in the 2nd half so not sure why you think he only throws in 4th quarter when we are down.

the ones in the 2nd half are past the LOS?

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I  broke this down in another thread. A large percentage of QF "passes" are not beyond the line of scrimmage so you cannot  use attempts if your being honest with yourself. That is why his QBR is so low for the season at ~32 (an avg QB is 50). He is just not a good QB at this point and CWT is most certainly not doing him any favors with the play calling.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I  broke this down in another thread. A large percentage of QF "passes" are not beyond the line of scrimmage so you cannot  use attempts if your being honest with yourself. That is why his QBR is so low for the season at ~32 (an avg QB is 50). He is just not a good QB at this point and CWT is most certainly not doing him any favors with the play calling.

he doesn't call the plays.

BTW QBR is flawed especially with such limited data unless of course you think Kirk cousins and Bryan Hoyer are better than Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and philip Rivers.

heck Mariotta(24 ranked-63% completion 4 TD - 2 picks) is rated 10 spots lower than Kirk cousins(14 yeah he's the 14th best NFL QB??? - 4TDs 4 picks and 0 rushing yards)

any ranking system (QBR) that puts Aaron Rodgers as the 9th best QB for the week when he throws for 330 yards at 69% completion percentage and 5 TDs is most definitely flawed.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

BTW QBR is flawed especially with such limited data unless of course you think Kirk cousins and Bryan Hoyer are better than Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and philip Rivers.

heck Mariotta(24 ranked-63% completion 4 TD - 2 picks) is rated 10 spots lower than Kirk cousins(14 yeah he's the 14th best NFL QB??? - 4TDs 4 picks and 0 rushing yards)

any ranking system (QBR) that puts Aaron Rodgers as the 9th best QB for the week when he throws for 330 yards at 69% completion percentage and 5 TDs is most definitely flawed.

So I guess you're saying that QF is a great, throwing and running QB then?  Exactly what point are you trying to make concerning QFs capabilities and his QB skill set?  Or are you just on here chub rubbing poor quality QBs?  I'm confused.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

So I guess you're saying that QF is a great, throwing and running QB then?  Exactly what point are you trying to make concerning QFs capabilities and his QB skill set?  Or are you just on here chub rubbing poor quality QBs?  I'm confused.

I think all he's saying is that QF may not be as bad as you all want him to be .... and I'll have to remember that "chub rubbing poor quality QB's" comment the next time the Bench Brigade starts up again.

He doesnt call t

Ok well I guess you have your mindset then.

There is plenty of data, as I was giving you the season average. QBR is the best metric I have seen thus far and it takes into account poor Ds. Go back and look again at the season avg and it's hard to disagree unless you really want to.

who doesn't call the plays?

httphttp://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

As far as cfb goes this list looks pretty dead on to me. I can go back and look at the games against the QBS we played and compare with no disagreement.

//espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/page/2

I dont follow the nfl nearly as closely any longer but its hard to argue with that list.