• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3 paths: fire CWT, stick with QF, or go with Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Flowers played well last night.  He wasn't the problem.  He had zip on passes.  Did you see the pass to Dillon.  He didn't get enough opportunities until too late in the 4th.

Stick with Flowers the entire year.  Too much invested in him now.  Bench is graduating this year anyway.  He's gone.

If Taggart can't get USF to 6 wins, then fire him.  These next 3 games will be very telling.  USF must beat Syracuse, UConn, and SMU.  If USF goes 0-3, or 1-2, then it's time to pull plug.  Make Allen interim head coach.  If Tag can somehow magically go 3-0 then he gets to finish year and see how rest of year goes.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Flowers played well last night.  He wasn't the problem.  He had zip on passes.  Did you see the pass to Dillon.  He didn't get enough opportunities until too late in the 4th.

Stick with Flowers the entire year.  Too much invested in him now.  Bench is graduating this year anyway.  He's gone.

If Taggart can't get USF to 6 wins, then fire him.  These next 3 games will be very telling.  USF must beat Syracuse, UConn, and SMU.  If USF goes 0-3, or 1-2, then it's time to pull plug.  Make Allen interim head coach.  If Tag can somehow magically go 3-0 then he gets to finish year and see how rest of year goes.

I'd be my life savings with cwt calling the plays we won't go 3-0...0-3 is more realistic. 

QF is not a quality D-1 quarterback. Watch every other college game today and you'll see better qb play. 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

CWT is that you??

Listen coach...If you put SB in at QB the Ds will not drop an embrassing 9 players in the box and your running game will open up tremndously. He will beable to give you throws necessary to win games bc you ddon'tneed that many.

QF has had a QBR in the low 30 for the last three games  pls pls pls don'tgive up on the season and let SB get a shot...you might actually save your job! 

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

CWT is more than a recruiter, i believe he has put together a good staff, went after good athletes for the right positions, made changes Iin the staff when need (see CCB), has the team focused, doesn't put up with bad attitudes on or off the field, has the team playing their hearts out, has great graduations rates. These are all great things for a head coach to do!

So I really would like for him to succeed bc if he just steps out of his own way on O I really do believe he could be a good head coach.

He only has himself to blame, he's too stubborn to get out of his own way. His play calling is beyond predictable and and boring. His lack of recruiting a true quarterback doesn't help either. He fails at the most important part of being a head coach...winning. 

Boring and way too predictable.  Look at the way they line up and 9 out of 10 times, I can tell what the play is- last night I did that 2 complete series and a random guy behind us  (the 6 season ticket holders behind us were not there)  asked me how I knew what the play was.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

CWT is more than a recruiter, i believe he has put together aaff, went after good athletes for the right positions, made changes Iin the staff when need (see CCB), has the team focused, doesn't put up with bad attitudes on or off the field, has the team playing their hearts out, has great graduations rates. These are all great things for a head coach to do!

So I really would like for him to succeed bc if he just steps out of his own way on O I really do believe he could be a good head coach.

He only has himself to blame, he's too stubborn to get out of his own way. His play calling is beyond predictable and and boring. His lack of recruiting a true quarterback doesn't help either. He fails at the most important part of being a head coach...winning. 

Boring and way too predictable.  Look at the way they line up and 9 out of 10 times, I can tell what the play is- last night I did that 2 complete series and a random guy behind us  (the 6 season ticket holders behind us were not there)  asked me how I knew what the play was.

By the way in case you forgot our O looked avg the first couple of games last year and then CWT took over as the OC and decided to play a hurt MW and a QF who could run 3 plays...

He is def chasing a white whale and his ship is about to be destroyed...he is not an O guru and he needs to step away from that pipe dream...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Steven bench's family on this board is driving me insane. Because I know anyone else who seen him play the past three years knows if he doesn't have half the ability that flowers does 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,109
  • Days Won:  39

Steven bench's family on this board is driving me insane. Because I know anyone else who seen him play the past three years knows if he doesn't have half the ability that flowers does 

It doesn't matter.  We will do the same things because Willie.  It's not a point to even argue.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1. USF has three head coaches on staff: Taggart, Hope, and Tomey.... firing Taggart would not cost us more money this year to name Hope or Tomey as "interim" coach.  It would cost $400,000 for 2016 and 2017...  I would expect Taggart to be fired BEFORE the end of the season.

2. I don't think Taggart knows the definition of "play action" - considering he hasn't run it in three years.

Spot-on, Jim. Flowers isn't the problem, and I think he's the best we have (this season). The one constant the past three seasons has been Taggart's play calling. I don't think Harlan will fire Taggart during the season; the finances just don't favor paying another coach to not be here.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My take... Let Taggart go or relieve him of his play calling duties immediately - if he never holds that white laminated piece of paper again, it won't be too soon. Move Bench to QB - he's playing to get laid as this is it for him - he's going to want it more than QF right now as Bench is a senior. Move Flowers to WR because he's not seeing a snap at QB next season with Woulard being eligible. Might as well prepare him for the switch.