• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3 paths: fire CWT, stick with QF, or go with Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We know USF is not going to fire CWT mid-season. Ain't gonna happen. And we've got $1.99 left. Half of it is going to Woolard and Holtz.

Stick with QF: 10-17 pts per game is all you're gonna get. I said this before the seasons stared. The D can't keep people down all game.

Go with Bench and revamp everything. Protect him and put in some passing plays.

If nothing changes, this team will duplicate last year's record or worse.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

You keep QF but call more play action passes. If you watch last night QF was running for his life on many pass plays only thing that kept them being sacks was his elusiveness. So call quicker short passes along with the runs to keep the defense from crowding line like they were doing last night. 

Its the play calling the bigger problem than QF

1. USF has three head coaches on staff: Taggart, Hope, and Tomey.... firing Taggart would not cost us more money this year to name Hope or Tomey as "interim" coach.  It would cost $400,000 for 2016 and 2017...  I would expect Taggart to be fired BEFORE the end of the season.

2. I don't think Taggart knows the definition of "play action" - considering he hasn't run it in three years.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

You keep QF but call more play action passes. If you watch last night QF was running for his life on many pass plays only thing that kept them being sacks was his elusiveness. So call quicker short passes along with the runs to keep the defense from crowding line like they were doing last night. 

Its the play calling the bigger problem than QF

this. WWe're running the ball great. Throw something like a screen or play action in there just to keep the d honest. Play calling is predictable and this is coming from joe schmo on the couch. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Understand both sides of the coin here, (firing now or waiting to end of season).  Taggs is not Harlan's guy so he gets a pass for now.  Once we are NO LONGER in bowl contention than the heat is also on Harlan as well.      I can see the benefit of pulling the plug now ( 28 games and we haven't turned the corner is enough for me personally) (gives us a head start in our search and makes a statement that we wont tolerate Losing like the past two clowns have done).    I can also see the risk that the team may quit and not win another game the rest of the season by pulling the plug, But it will happen if we continue on the losing path as well esp the one's who think independently and don't but all the Coach catchy phrases and see him for what he really is ( a good recruiter only). Keeping Coach T you risk losing  not only the games but more of the little fan base we have left.  Some may come back if / when we turn it around,  others will move on and never think about USF again.   Is it a risk worth taking?   

Now the attendance last night is not entirely Harlans  fought, (he didn't create the mess) but its his responsibility fix the mess, to build and maintain a fan base while running a clean athletic program that wins.. Harlan is in a tough spot,  I wouldn't want to be him.   If he doesn't fix the problem he wont be here too long either I suspect. (not saying he wont or cant,  he has done a good job so far considering what he was handed and has to work with) but the honeymoon is coming to an end.  

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

CWT is more than a recruiter, i believe he has put together a good staff, went after good athletes for the right positions, made changes Iin the staff when need (see CCB), has the team focused, doesn't put up with bad attitudes on or off the field, has the team playing their hearts out, has great graduations rates. These are all great things for a head coach to do!  

So I really would like for him to succeed bc if he just steps out of his own way on O I really do believe he could be a good head coach.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Pull the plug.....  give raines to Hope to close out the season....  if we go 1-4, I don't think Harlan would have a choice 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

CWT is more than a recruiter, i believe he has put together a good staff, went after good athletes for the right positions, made changes Iin the staff when need (see CCB), has the team focused, doesn't put up with bad attitudes on or off the field, has the team playing their hearts out, has great graduations rates. These are all great things for a head coach to do!  

So I really would like for him to succeed bc if he just steps out of his own way on O I really do believe he could be a good head coach.

He only has himself to blame, he's too stubborn to get out of his own way. His play calling is beyond predictable and and boring. His lack of recruiting a true quarterback doesn't help either. He fails at the most important part of being a head coach...winning. 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I wish just once that CWT would put his pride aside & give the OC & offensive staff a chance to call all the plays. Just one game & then we can see if our theory works & we win.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

We know USF is not going to fire CWT mid-season. Ain't gonna happen. And we've got $1.99 left. Half of it is going to Woolard and Holtz.

Stick with QF: 10-17 pts per game is all you're gonna get. I said this before the seasons stared. The D can't keep people down all game.

Go with Bench and revamp everything. Protect him and put in some passing plays.

If nothing changes, this team will duplicate last year's record or worse.

You know less than nothing.  CWT will be fired very, very soon.