• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart called the play that allowed Adams to streak down the field and be two yards behind the defender.  Adams flat out dropped the perfectly thrown TD ball.  No one failed except Adams.  Hope called the D that put Abraham covering the MD WR with 25 seconds to go in the half.  As a S your sole responsibility is to be as deep as the deepest.  Kid failed to make the play.  I'd bet my life no coach in the country is teaching the Fullwood tackling technique vs FSU.  He'd still be on the bench if I led the team sitting next to Price until the kid shows he wants to play. These kids are being put in a position to succeed.  Great fade play call vs. FSU.  Dillion has to want the ball.  He had a foot on the DB. I can understand Dillion (Fresh) not fully understanding his role.  I bet we'll see this call again this year and I bet he makes the play.  Six or eight plays a game change the game and kids must make plays.

Two great play calls were the mis-direction TD passes to Johnson (FAMU and FSU).  Caught them in the correct D and all 11 kids executed.  Outstanding results.  

I'd have voted it up +2 if I could. The sooner the players realize what they have to do to put this ship on course, the better. If a players' meeting helps, I'm all for it but it sounds like CWT suspects it's about a more open rebellion. My hope is they'll focus on their roles and the game, rather than the coach's calling them out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I can't believe no one has called out CWT response. To paraphrase:

"Player only meetings can be good but if the actions on the field don't match then they are a waste of time"

Am I the only one floored by this response? 

Rather than paraphrase, how about a link to the actual response? ..... Just to be on the safe side, you know.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

"Player only meetings can be good but if the actions on the field don't match then they are a waste of time"

Is this satire?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Thanks Rap.  I like the culture that's being built.  All the pieces are not in place yet.  This team is far better than the previous two years.  We're not in FSU's league.  We are in MD's league.  A few plays made and that would have been a different outcome.  Memphis will be tough.  Must take big advantage of all opportunities to stay in this game.

FSU's league was a star RB away from being AAC-quality, and even with him we were a couple of missed opportunities away from taking control. Then we started losing focus, just like we did with MD. Not to pull a UCiF and make too many excuses here--we lost--but we definitely have to cash in on those big opportunities if we're going to heal up & win.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Rather than paraphrase, how about a link to the actual response? ..... Just to be on the safe side, you know.

3946806.jpg

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-held-players-only-meeting/2246868

Coach Willie Taggart, whose team was victimized by penalties (10), dropped passes and botched coverages at Maryland, said such meetings can be beneficial if they're "genuine."

"If you're just doing it just to do it and you just talk about it and … your actions don't match your words, then it's just a waste of time," he said. "But I think what cures everything is making plays."

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Secret Santa ideas 

This season is done gents...  when we get blown out Friday...  can this ass clown and let's just ******* move on

I don't think losing to a clearly much better Memphis gets him canned, but losing to Cuse might...and losing to UConn might do it.

What about Maryland?

I think Maryland accelerated the change of early termination.  I think losing to an AAC dreg could really hurt.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

3946806.jpg

ok, **** need pissed myself laughing 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-held-players-only-meeting/2246868

Coach Willie Taggart, whose team was victimized by penalties (10), dropped passes and botched coverages at Maryland, said such meetings can be beneficial if they're "genuine."

"If you're just doing it just to do it and you just talk about it and … your actions don't match your words, then it's just a waste of time," he said. "But I think what cures everything is making plays."

Thx 2000, didn't have the link offhand when I posted this. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Taggart called the play that allowed Adams to streak down the field and be two yards behind the defender.  Adams flat out dropped the perfectly thrown TD ball.  No one failed except Adams.  Hope called the D that put Abraham covering the MD WR with 25 seconds to go in the half.  As a S your sole responsibility is to be as deep as the deepest.  Kid failed to make the play.  I'd bet my life no coach in the country is teaching the Fullwood tackling technique vs FSU.  He'd still be on the bench if I led the team sitting next to Price until the kid shows he wants to play. These kids are being put in a position to succeed.  Great fade play call vs. FSU.  Dillion has to want the ball.  He had a foot on the DB. I can understand Dillion (Fresh) not fully understanding his role.  I bet we'll see this call again this year and I bet he makes the play.  Six or eight plays a game change the game and kids must make plays.

Two great play calls were the mis-direction TD passes to Johnson (FAMU and FSU).  Caught them in the correct D and all 11 kids executed.  Outstanding results.  

So Taggart called 40 or so lousy play calls, and two good ones.  That makes me feel so much better.

• Upvote 4