• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MD need to stop run not worried about QF throwing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

google bench grothe bullspen. one guy wanted grant gregory to start. others wanted daniels or Landi

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/56263-time-to-bench-grothe/

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/55542-bench-grothe-already/page-2

thats_gold_jerry.jpg

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

We're not talking about a top 10 team this week. We're talking about a team that got blown out by Bowling Green last week.

Yeah, they'll be hungry. This could be ugly if QF doesn't complete some passes.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

BJ Daniels was a much better passer than QF will ever be.

and once again you talk about the future in certain terms.

ok Is this better BJ was never as bad of a passer at USF than QF is now. It's not even close.

perhaps we should wait to see how Quinton does to determine that?

BJ had a 53% completion percentage his first year. Flowers is at 60% now. BJ had 14 TDs and 9 picks (1.5 TD:int ratio) Flowers is at 4 TDs and 2 picks (2:1)

/Thread.

Those numbers get it done vs. MD.

If QF ends the year on that pace he will have 24 TD's and 12 picks..... If that is the case I will gladly eat some crow. Id be willing to bet Bull94 that he does not throw over 20 TD's.

We on?

tell me who was the last USF QB to finish with 20 TDs passing??

BJ Daniels had 14 TDs passing in his best year. Grothe never got to 20.

George and Daniels played against better teams not the mighty AAC teams Smu Houston Tulsa

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

This line of discussion is irrelevant. We don't have Grothe or Daniels, nor anyone approaching their ability to get it done no matter who plays against Maryland.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

:popcorn:

Immovable Object (Army's thoughts on QF) vs. Unstoppable Force (Bull94's love of QF)

I root for our starting QB to do well. I will defend him against any "fan" of ours who thinks he is not worthy. It doesn't matter who it is i will always defend our starting QB and i will always find a reason why I believe he can be successful.

there are those who will always love our backup QB. they never think what the starter does is good enough. that was the case with Grothe and Daniels. I guess the old saying that the backup QB is always the most popular player on the team is true.

So if Bench is named the starter at some point this season (I have a feeling he will be) you will then throw out all the negatives you mentioned and blindly support him then? Ok, now I get it.

yes I will root for him to do well and if some "fan' wants to tear him up for not being a heisman contender then i will back up why I think he is the best man for the job with actual facts.

we don't have an andrew luck on the roster. I appreciate how hard these guys work and I truly believe they are out there playing the best that they can.

Just for fun, and I am not being sarcastic here, let's assume both QBs play tomorrow and have the exact same stats.  Then for the Memphis game, Tags names Bench the starter.  So, what case would you present to others to back the playing of Bench.  This is just basically an exercise in someone saying something nice about someone.  But what the heck, it isn't game day yet and we have a few hours to kill.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

If I were coaching Maryland I would focus on the run too. I don't see why this article would surprise anyone.

Pretty sure 99% of those on here would agree with the article .... but the SB/QF war was dying down and this was a subtle way to re-ignite it. BH is one sneaky little bastard ...  ;)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

At the risk of being thrown in the QF, I will say I saw some positives from QF v FSU.

1. He looked much better than his last REAL start (don't count FAMU).

2. He showed strength & agility in avoiding sacks.

3. He made some good throws, for both TDs to Johnson.

Of course, he made several poor throws, and he didn't scare FSU at all with the pass.  But, he's improved, even if he still has a long way to go.  As many have pointed out, he's only got a few games under his belt, and he's already on his 2nd offensive program.

Of course MD will force the pass & play the run.  Every one knows that.  They will until it hurts to do so.  QF (or Bench) needs to find that success, and open this offense once they do.

The first play I hope we run tomorrow?  Play action pass, then Barr (faking a block, then running a post) deep on a post pattern for a quick strike TD.  

We need QF/SB to get the TEs back in the game.  MD isn't FSU, so you CAN throw on them.  To me, a loss to MD means no bowl game, without something TREMENDOUS changing.