• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MD need to stop run not worried about QF throwing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

If I were coaching Maryland I would focus on the run too. I don't see why this article would surprise anyone.

Pretty sure 99% of those on here would agree with the article .... but the SB/QF war was dying down and this was a subtle way to re-ignite it. BH is one sneaky little bastard ... ;)
HAHAHA...i reached out to my contacts in MD to make the puppets dance...now dance my pretties... dance I say!

Are you not Entertained!! >8D

GameDay almost here...Go Bulls!!

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah. How's that workin out for ya?

Wow.  You interpreted that comment completely the opposite of intent. 

At the risk of being thrown in the QF, I will say I saw some positives from QF v FSU.

1. He looked much better than his last REAL start (don't count FAMU).

2. He showed strength & agility in avoiding sacks.

3. He made some good throws, for both TDs to Johnson.

Of course, he made several poor throws, and he didn't scare FSU at all with the pass. But, he's improved, even if he still has a long way to go. As many have pointed out, he's only got a few games under his belt, and he's already on his 2nd offensive program.

Of course MD will force the pass & play the run. Every one knows that. They will until it hurts to do so. QF (or Bench) needs to find that success, and open this offense once they do.

The first play I hope we run tomorrow? Play action pass, then Barr (faking a block, then running a post) deep on a post pattern for a quick strike TD.

We need QF/SB to get the TEs back in the game. MD isn't FSU, so you CAN throw on them. To me, a loss to MD means no bowl game, without something TREMENDOUS changing.

Preposterous!! ;)

I agree with your 3 main points. The question is can he improve fast enough to get us bowling and is SB ready to step up. I really think those are the main questions both sides have. The main difference is many of us think SB os the guy to take this offense to the next level but time will tell. I for one am not upset one bit to see QF start.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

:popcorn:

Immovable Object (Army's thoughts on QF) vs. Unstoppable Force (Bull94's love of QF)

I root for our starting QB to do well. I will defend him against any "fan" of ours who thinks he is not worthy. It doesn't matter who it is i will always defend our starting QB and i will always find a reason why I believe he can be successful.

there are those who will always love our backup QB. they never think what the starter does is good enough. that was the case with Grothe and Daniels. I guess the old saying that the backup QB is always the most popular player on the team is true.

Don't think I ever heard anyone calling for Grothe's benching. Daniels, eh, people always wanted more out of him, but I never heard someone say bench him for Eveld. But I'm sure you'll happily explain to me that I don't know anything about football and that's why I didn't see it or hear it.

Sadly, there were a lot of people that wanted both guys benched.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

At the risk of being thrown in the QF, I will say I saw some positives from QF v FSU.

Of course, he made several poor throws, and he didn't scare FSU at all with the pass. But, he's improved, even if he still has a long way to go. As many have pointed out, he's only got a few games under his belt, and he's already on his 2nd offensive program.

Of course MD will force the pass & play the run. Every one knows that. They will until it hurts to do so. QF (or Bench) needs to find that success, and open this offense once they do.

The first play I hope we run tomorrow? Play action pass, then Barr (faking a block, then running a post) deep on a post pattern for a quick strike TD.

We need QF/SB to get the TEs back in the game. MD isn't FSU, so you CAN throw on them. To me, a loss to MD means no bowl game, without something TREMENDOUS changing.

I have been impressed with his escapability.

The one pass i thought was his best was the one to Barr that set up the TD by the goal line. That was a rope and right on the numbers.

I want to see the receivers help him out today. Watch any game, pro or college. Most throws are not on the numbers. The receivers can catch passes anywhere in their frame. Ours never seem able to consistently. Getting some separation would be nice too

The playcalling and the receivers need to help out with a young passer.

I have been impressed with his escapability.

The one pass i thought was his best was the one to Barr that set up the TD by the goal line. That was a rope and right on the numbers.

I want to see the receivers help him out today. Watch any game, pro or college. Most throws are not on the numbers. The receivers can catch passes anywhere in their frame. Ours never seem able to consistently. Getting some separation would be nice too

The playcalling and the receivers need to help out with a young passer.

Honestly there have been ~2 drops in two games and recievers have been open all game. The only time I have been disappointed with a reciever was Kino on the fade route. Once he saw QFs ball was off the mark and thrown to the defender he should have tried to knock it away ie switched from O to D.

There isn't much recievers can do if the ball isn't getting to them...