• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland Changing QB's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

As long as the new QB is a pocket passer we should have a chance. We proved last week that we can't stop the run..

Careful what you wish for..................

Edsall is changing to a better, more experienced QB to try and get a win.  If his risk pays off with a win and CWT stays with QF and loses, who do you think wins the argument?

Edsal had a reason to make the change. We are still trying to figure out who gives us the best chance to win. If QF struggles, you better believe Bench will get his chance. QF had a below average game against FSU but he did take care of the football. That is where Bench struggles.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Steven Bench has never won a game in college and has proven to be easily flustered when pressured and is a turnover machine.  Steven Bench is an athletic Bobby Eveld... and by athletic I mean he runs faster.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

should be a fairly competitive game

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

As long as the new QB is a pocket passer we should have a chance. We proved last week that we can't stop the run..

Edsall is changing to a better, more experienced QB to try and get a win.  If his risk pays off with a win and CWT stays with QF and loses, who do you think wins the argument?

Edsal had a reason to make the change. We are still trying to figure out who gives us the best chance to win. If QF struggles, you better believe Bench will get his chance. QF had a below average game against FSU but he did take care of the football. That is where Bench struggles.

What?  He threw an interception in the endzone and had at least one dropped pick 6.  I would not call that taking care of the football.  If SB gets derided for a Maryland game where he had one INT and 8 catchable drops, QF should likewise get derided for giving away 6 points, nearly providing 6 points and having 1 in 13 third down efficiency.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Nope, I think we just proved we can't stop Dalvin Cook. I don't think we won't be facing another RB of his caliber in the remainder of our schedule. With Whitehurst and Harris coming back at LB, I expect our run defense to improve from here on.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

What?  He threw an interception in the endzone and had at least one dropped pick 6.  I would not call that taking care of the football.  If SB gets derided for a Maryland game where he had one INT and 8 catchable drops, QF should likewise get derided for giving away 6 points, nearly providing 6 points and having 1 in 13 third down efficiency.

You can't compare QBs from different games. FSU's defense this year will likely end up much higher ranked than Maryland's in 2014. Why can't everyone sit back, relax, and see how it all plays out? Bench got his chance last year and didn't seize the opportunity. QF is just now getting his chance and, thus far, has won a game he was supposed to and lost one he was supposed to. This will be a make or break game for him. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Honestly, although the pass wasn't just awesome, I think it was more on Dillon that Flowers. It was a "go get it", and Dillon didn't.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Honestly, although the pass wasn't just awesome, I think it was more on Dillon that Flowers. It was a "go get it", and Dillon didn't.

I just saw the replay. The pass was freakin terrible. The only player that could catch that ball was the defender. If asked, I'm sure Flowers would say he threw a horrible ball.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I hope their new kid throws it into USF bellies often.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

One of the main things a WR coach teaches is that you must be aware of what's going on. You must be able to shift from offense to defense. You either go after the ball you can catch or you defend a bad pass from being caught. Watching is not encouraged.