• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maryland Changing QB's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What about being 7-19 under our current head coach, with zero Quality wins, and a blow out loss to a 1-AA school

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't see a reason to keep harping on the past when it's clear that improvements have been made on the field as well as with the attitude and confidence in the locker room. 

If you want to keep bringing up past seasons to validate your disappointment in the current staff, that's cool. But, I've enjoyed watching the energy this team has brought in two games, as well as the talent improvement made. 

Looking forward to Saturday.

That will be clear to me when we actually win more than four games in a season.  Wishing something doesn't prove it to be true.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

What about being 7-19 under our current head coach, with zero Quality wins, and a blow out loss to a 1-AA school

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't see a reason to keep harping on the past when it's clear that improvements have been made on the field as well as with the attitude and confidence in the locker room. 

If you want to keep bringing up past seasons to validate your disappointment in the current staff, that's cool. But, I've enjoyed watching the energy this team has brought in two games, as well as the talent improvement made. 

That will be clear to me when we actually win more than four games in a season.  Wishing something doesn't prove it to be true.

Fair enough, everyone is able to gauge a group of 18-23 year olds however they want. Except, there is no "wishing" going on.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Another thing I wanted to add to this thread. Edsall is one of those unheralded coaches. I think the guy does a good job of adapting his teams' style of play to the personnel he has. He was able to make UConn consistently competitive in the Big East, and he had a really tough time recruiting up there. He's making Maryland more consistent in the Big 10, which I think is a taller order than the ACC. I think the Terps will be ready to play, and we have to take it to them.

Uhh, no. If he has a sub 500 year he is gone. Indeed, that may not be enough as UM's alumni and fan base want a change ASAP.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

For the first time in a couple of years, I'm looking forward to seeing the game on Saturday and looking forward to conference play. Past 3 seasons, it was more like a anxiety-drowned, wincing anticipation of game time, wondering how long I could endure the torture before giving up and working in the yard.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I think Saturday will tell us what we have with this team. I am hoping for the best and do have some hope. We shall see.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

raptorcj.....at least the weather is cooling off  for yard work.

hehe...that'll all be done before the game, my friend.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Another thing I wanted to add to this thread. Edsall is one of those unheralded coaches. I think the guy does a good job of adapting his teams' style of play to the personnel he has. He was able to make UConn consistently competitive in the Big East, and he had a really tough time recruiting up there. He's making Maryland more consistent in the Big 10, which I think is a taller order than the ACC. I think the Terps will be ready to play, and we have to take it to them.

Uhh, no. If he has a sub 500 year he is gone. Indeed, that may not be enough as UM's alumni and fan base want a change ASAP.

I'll take your "uhh, no" and reaffirm that I think that Edsall is still one of the most unheralded coaches out there.  :D

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

[quote name="flsportsfan83" post="1395764" timestamp="1442505094"

I like the energy so far as well. That's why I think this is a pivotal game. A win vs Maryland will have the team pumped for the first and one of the toughest conference games. Lose against Maryland then if we lose against Syracuse it will be difficult to main the positive energy.

Every year is different, but pretty sure we were talking about the same positive energy and attitude after playing Wisconsin and Maryland last year.

Winning makes it easier to keep playing at a high level with a great attitude. Losing starts breeding a different dynamic. Especially on a team full of players that haven't been in a winning program in their college careers.

This is an important game in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

As long as the new QB is a pocket passer we should have a chance. We proved last week that we can't stop the run..

Careful what you wish for..................

Edsall is changing to a better, more experienced QB to try and get a win.  If his risk pays off with a win and CWT stays with QF and loses, who do you think wins the argument?

Just thought now is a prescient time to remind everyone of this wonderful thread.