• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Linebackers are clearly our biggest weakness on defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

LB depth will be better this week too, with Whitehurst's return. Childs in the secondary should help a little too.

Pressure, pressure, pressure, I hope we can get to that QB more this week.

Childs is out for the year, though, correct?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

LB depth will be better this week too, with Whitehurst's return. Childs in the secondary should help a little too.

Correct

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Correct

thanks, guys, didn't realize that. Just thought he was coming off suspension like Tashon

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Correct

thanks, guys, didn't realize that. Just thought he was coming off suspension like Tashon

You probably mixed Childs up with Harris.

• Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Re-watched  game last night. It was 17-7 with two minutes left in the third and then the "hit" (Targeting) happened. It seems the passing game opened up once Sanchez went out. Holman played a lot. Was out of position a few times on the long runs so it was encouraging that he could improve. Definitely missed Nigel Harris speed last Saturday. Nichols and Byrd looked weak on run support when they were on island with Cook.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Re-watched  game last night. It was 17-7 with two minutes left in the third and then the "hit" (Targeting) happened. It seems the passing game opened up once Sanchez went out. Holman played a lot. Was out of position a few times on the long runs so it was encouraging that he could improve. Definitely missed Nigel Harris speed last Saturday. Nichols and Byrd looked weak on run support when they were on island with Cook.

Yep said in one of these threads that was the turning point. When he comes back and we have our full line we will be fine for American play. We played a team two teams on either end of the college football spectrum. The rest of our schedule will be telling but we did what we were supposed to do for where our program is at these first two games. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We clearly didn't get the pressure on Golson like the first half. He was night/day different when he got time to read & throw.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

If 

"Linebackers are clearly our biggest weakness on defense"

I think we are clearly in good shape for this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Fullwood doesn't like to tackle, that much from yesterdays game is clear as mountain spring water.  Keep him off the two deep until he learns how to tackle.

Agree.

Keep him in the returning game, maybe give him a shot at WR.

our best corner ever didn't like to tackle. in fact most shut down corners don't. deion sanders hated to tackle.

Revisionist History 101.  Mike Jenkins loved to tackle and laid wood at nearly every occasion.  Did he not wrap up sometimes? Sure, but that was the exception not the rule.  Did he catch serious flack in Dallas for not laying the wood (Derrick Ward?), yeah, he did.  But with USF, the kid would stick his helmet in there nearly every time.  Fullwood is No-wood (sorry bausfkid, had to borrow), watch the game.

Facts always stand in the way of a good argument.

How many more Venus de Milo attempts at tackling did Fulwood have on Saturday?

Difference:  Jenkins was a shut down corner.  Fullwood is playing safety...they are EXPECTED to hit hard.

Maybe I posted out of context but my comment had nothing to do with Jenkins. Had several posters earlier in thread dumping on Fullwood about tackling who obviously didn't look at the whole game. He had a rough first quarter tackling but appeared fine after that, with 5 total tackles and a pass defensed in the endzone, with no whiffs that I saw. And as far as expected to hit hard as a safety, go to 9:46 of the highlights below ...

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If 

"Linebackers are clearly our biggest weakness on defense"

I think we are clearly in good shape for this year.

Yeah, and I'm not saying we're not.  I just think the D Line has played very well, and we have a lot of talent in the secondary.  Will be interesting to see how Harris does, and how the balance of folks develop & make an impact.