• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

His numbers were good for two and a half quarters of football. He three one int on a play where he got hit.

He accounted for over 200 yards and was on pace for 350. I kind of think that saying he was terrible is quite dumb.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

One thing he does need to do is just run out of bounds don't need to attack the defender...that's going to get him later in the year.

Did that early in the game.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

For sure he needs to learn when to slide and when to take a hit...which almost never but I enjoy the bravado. Those hits will add up quick though and the season is long. We will need both QBs this year for sure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Flowers started off shaky but once he settled down he was fine.  That was a terrible int but everyone keeps ignoring he was getting drilled as he threw the pass... he never got any of his body into the throw.  I just watched it again on replay.  He's going to be fine... he is also going to be hard to stop.  Flowers has the look of a gamer... he reminds me of Grothe with BJ's athletic ability.  I think he's going to get better as the season goes and we're going to do some really good things.  I'm sticking to my 11-2 prediction.  

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah he was hit when throwing.

One concern is his vision from pocket..wish he was 6ft plus.

He should get better with more game time.

Only a sophomore.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

So we are going to pick out every little thing that isn't perfect, good to know.

Every little thing?  The guy simply cannot throw the way a DI QB should be able to. 

He has skills, no doubt about that.  He can scramble and make things happen.  I don't see how this is going to work against FSU, however. 

Bench came in throwing darts, night and day really.  On the other hand he isn't the magician with his legs that Flowers is.

I'll tell you one thing for sure though, the receivers had to have been rooting hard for Bench to win the job.

I beg to differ. That 2nd touchdown pass to D. Johnson was pretty. I'm also not mad at the Top 10 highlight he had on ESPN not to mention his escape ability. he took a few plays that should have been negative and willed them to succeed. I like Bench's throwing ability but I did clinch up a few times when he tossed the ball. I feel like he tries to force things, but overall I'm happy with both quarterbacks. i just like defending the guy who earned the starting job.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

And yes I stand by my statement of every little thing. There were no huge glaring mistakes with Flowers. Only glimpses of him not being a seasoned vet or not having the polished look some of you want to see. If we end up in the endzone and win ball games with him under center isn't that all that matters?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

On QF's INT, IF, he throws the ball one second earlier Adams has the guy beat. Took to long to get rid of the ball, got hit and the ball floated.

Flowers will be fine in THIS version of the spread. It's not one that is designed to win with his arm. It's designed to get quick athletes in space and let them do their thing.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I like Flowers for a lot of reasons.

(1) He's fast. He's the fastest QB that we've had.

(2) He's got touch for the short throws. I was always down on B.J. and his 100mph short balls.

(3) He's confident. During the game, I could tell he was having fun. He's not going to fold psychologically. We need that in a QB.

(4) And he's a baller. The man is an athlete who will try to create something out of nothing. And defenses will watch for that, so they can't send the house. And this keeps them honest, like when we had Matt.

His biggest problem is he's not tall. When he's behind the line and improvises, mistakes will happen. Look at the interception again. He couldn't see anything and just threw up a prayer. Also, his long ball is not all that fast. But I'm sure with practice that will improve.

Bench is solid, so I think we are safe with both of them. The staff needs to keep giving Bench minutes.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

QF has the upside it would appear.  We'll see.  I'm going to watch again today.  But after he got settled, I felt like we could win with him.  Yes, it was just FAMU.  It's a long season and a lot of time to get better.