• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Have Better Players Now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Let's put it another way had CWT taken over post CJL, one thing is for sure we would have had some FL talent on the team right now. There wouldn't be a waiting period of trying to get athletes in positions in order to give yourselves a chance to do something. This year we will see if he has the ability to make it on this level and it won't be bc he doesn't have the talent to do so. My guess is just the talent alone will allow him to get it going this year. With the coaches he's assembled, and the new system we are finally gonna see something recognizable as USF football (drinking the Kool aid lol) GO BULLS!!

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am certainly no defender of Taggart, but if you follow the team at all it was pretty evident that we were lacking athleticsm and definitely depth at most positions when Taggart arrived.

My opinion Taggart didn't really help improve things much on the field by trying to run a complicated, power offense with the personnel he had, but no doubt we were thin with talent and depth when he arrived.

Seems we have more raw athleticsm and football talent at most positions, but we are still pretty young and I am yet to be convinced that Taggart is anything more than a good recruiter, but Sun Belt Conference level game day coach.

This year will tell us a lot. Let's just hope it is entertaining.

Your second point is absolutely correct. However, if you recall there were plenty on here wanting to move away from the spread after getting the ball stuffed down our threats by Pitt and RU. I am happy to be back with a spread formation.

As far as the athletes go, they are most evident on the coverage teams. Watch the kick off, our guys used to get down field pretty fast. Then watch them in 2012 and 2013 and they look like they're running in glue. Last year was a bit better. Simply having a few 3 or 4 stars isn't going to change the top to bottom athleticism of the program, you need lots of those players. We're slowly getting there.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

ONLY

MORE

DAYS!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

****, I hope this team shuts the mouth of the lot of you this year ... 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think that's the point most people are trying to make. Even the most optimistic Bulls fan is crossing their fingers and praying for mediocrity. Is mediocrity enough to warrant a good 'ol fashioned in your face moment? Say we go 6-6 and lose our bowl game to finish 6-7. Do people get to start "suck it!" threads?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

****, all he said was "Only 5 more days! Go Bulls!" .... Was it the font size??

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

The "lot" of us agrees with you.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Even the most optimistic Bulls fan is crossing their fingers and praying for mediocrity. 

One exception:  Calibull.  If this season doesn't go as planned, we might need to put him on 24/7 watch.

It's just stupid that this same argument is raging less than a week from the first game.  We've literally had dozens of threads like this across the offseason.  And WGAS about "in your face" moments?  Are anyone's feelings going to be hurt if someone rubs it in their face that they didn't think a good football team or even a mediocre one was possible?  

This is the internet, folks.  It's a ******* message board that I really enjoy and it helps keep this Bull connected from 500 miles away.  

Let's all just sit back, cheer on the Bulls and try to be excited about this most wonderful time of year, and it would be great if we all enjoyed the best part about a USF football season of late:  the week before the first game.  After Saturday, reality will hit, and then we can ***** and moan if things are bad, and celebrate if things are good.   

Go Bulls.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Even the most optimistic Bulls fan is crossing their fingers and praying for mediocrity. 

One exception:  Calibull.  If this season doesn't go as planned, we might need to put him on 24/7 watch.

It's just stupid that this same argument is raging less than a week from the first game.  We've literally had dozens of threads like this across the offseason.  And WGAS about "in your face" moments?  Are anyone's feelings going to be hurt if someone rubs it in their face that they didn't think a good football team or even a mediocre one was possible?  

This is the internet, folks.  It's a ******* message board that I really enjoy and it helps keep this Bull connected from 500 miles away.  

Let's all just sit back, cheer on the Bulls and try to be excited about this most wonderful time of year, and it would be great if we all enjoyed the best part about a USF football season of late:  the week before the first game.  After Saturday, reality will hit, and then we can ***** and moan if things are bad, and celebrate if things are good.   

Go Bulls.  

So what the **** do we do until Saturday, Einstein??

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Go Bulls.  

Yea, you sure are right about that.