• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Have Better Players Now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

Flowers and Woulard? Pretty solid twosome

Based on what? Star rating?

Definitely not college level stats

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Let's put it this way I think you can almost go position by position and look at the size speed and athleticism and see that the team has increased its "potential". And that is the key, we can't say much yet that they are better just that the potential overall seems to be on the level when CJL was here. The fact that he is getting hometown guys to stay or transfer into a program that is/was in the dirt when they have offers to other "major" unis is in my book impressive. For more evidence you have had freshman beat out CSH senior recruits all over the field. It's not a feeling brother you just got to look 😉

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I think you have a fair take, Army. Similar talent (although I'd say better overall), and not much to say they're better than past years. But I would say we're definitely a bit better talent-wise at the skill positions, and we're getting higher profile transfers. QB play is a key, but even there we've made tweaks to the scheme that could make for a positive uptake there too. The pieces are in place to be successful.

BUT...having pieces in place is only one part. Of course talent does not necessarily equal wins, and in the end it's the wins that matters. This came up in a basketball recruiting thread too, and while I'm on board with COA getting the talent and having the ability to coach them to wins (so far at least), I haven't seen much evidence of CWT being able to coach talent to equate wins. So I think some of the hope this year is pulling for him to show that. I know I'm pulling for him to put it all together, and that's where objectivity ends and we become Bulls fans.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Let's put it this way I think you can almost go position by position and look at the size speed and athleticism and see that the team has increased its "potential". And that is the key, we can't say much yet that they are better just that the potential overall seems to be on the level when CJL was here. The fact that he is getting hometown guys to stay or transfer into a program that is/was in the dirt when they have offers to other "major" unis is in my book impressive. For more evidence you have had freshman beat out CSH senior recruits all over the field. It's not a feeling brother you just got to look 😉

So CWT is playing his guys over the previous coach's guys? Crazy.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

You're over thinking this and over looking the most important position on the field. Taggart has not had even average QB play, while his predecessors had the benefit of having two of the most prolific QBs in Big East and certainly USF history. I don't think its more complicated than that.

No more complicated than that? Really? How long have you followed this team? If you think the only difference between the last couple years and the glory days was Grothe, you're insane.

So CWT is playing his guys over the previous coach's guys? Crazy.

Are you implying that CWT is playing "his guys" over better CSH recruited upper classmen? Regardless if he recruited them or not they are all his guys now and for the most part, he is gonna play whom ever gives him the best opportunity to win. If we are going to argue about that I will bow out now...with US Open starting tmrw and CFB around the corner I don't need spin my wheels much longer 😄

Edited by Bull-Hornz

You're over thinking this and over looking the most important position on the field. Taggart has not had even average QB play, while his predecessors had the benefit of having two of the most prolific QBs in Big East and certainly USF history. I don't think its more complicated than that.

No more complicated than that? Really? How long have you followed this team? If you think the only difference between the last couple years and the glory days was Grothe, you're insane.

644382.png

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Guilty. Plug in either one of those guys and were back to 7+ wins. You know, the good ol' days.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Guilty. Plug in either one of those guys and were back to 7+ wins. You know, the good ol' days.

Not buying, even Grothe could not save CWT from CWT.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You all under estimate the level of incompetence at the most important position on the field.