• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Happy Notre Dame Fans Still Talking USF

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Good thing ND turned the ball over 5 times in that game.  We should have had more points, but Skip was Skip.  Another 5 minutes and we lose that game.  But yes, this was the last decent win by us.  It also followed the Clemson win in the Car Care Bowl, making that two game stretch the best in history.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Hard to imagine that was 4 years ago... Was an awesome road trip! Amazing game, however their fans were not very inviting, at least not like Auburn's or even FSU's.

I don't agree. I walked around the campus all day buying food from the student orgs and mostly people were shaking our hands. I maybe got one friendly ribbing when we were taking a photo with Rocky on campus.

The only time I felt some angst was the next morning when I was buying up all the discounted USF ND swag and they saw my Florida ID.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Hard to imagine that was 4 years ago... Was an awesome road trip! Amazing game, however their fans were not very inviting, at least not like Auburn's or even FSU's.

I don't agree. I walked around the campus all day buying food from the student orgs and mostly people were shaking our hands. I maybe got one friendly ribbing when we were taking a photo with Rocky on campus.

The only time I felt some angst was the next morning when I was buying up all the discounted USF ND swag and they saw my Florida ID.

Same here. I thought the fans were very friendly. Even had one offer us a beer walking up to the stadium.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

The people who worked at the stadium (ushers?) we not nice either.  After the game we were cheering in the stands near the endzone with the team and one of the ushers looked at me and said "Quit down!  Show some respect!" while their band played a song.  

All I have to say is his tears were delicious.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

In the airport the next day, had a ND fan ask in a Butch & Sundance kind of way, "Who are you guys??" Told him not to sweat it, it's what we do. Ask Auburn and FSU .................................. ****, maybe I jinxed us!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

In the airport the next day, had a ND fan ask in a Butch & Sundance kind of way, "Who are you guys??" Told him not to sweat it, it's what we do. Ask Auburn and FSU .................................. ****, maybe I jinxed us!

So NOW we know.  It wasn't Miller, Skip, Tags or Woolard.  It was YOU, YOU I say that ended USF football.

Have to admit I remember talking to some Auburn fans before the game.  And they asked "Where is South Florida?"  And I told them they would know by the end of the game.  Imagine me being confident about USF football?  Been a long time.  Of course that was before I joined the Bullspen.  In fact that was the tailgate that I learned about it.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

So NOW we know.  It wasn't Miller, Skip, Tags or Woolard.  It was YOU, YOU I say that ended USF football.

Have to admit I remember talking to some Auburn fans before the game.  And they asked "Where is South Florida?"  And I told them they would know by the end of the game.  Imagine me being confident about USF football?  Been a long time.  Of course that was before I joined the Bullspen.  In fact that was the tailgate that I learned about it.  

We had a similar interaction in Auburn, albeit a little more offensive (not intentionally). Everybody we ran into was super cool and friendly and all that, but we had a few ask us "Oh you guys are that school from Orlando right?" 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Maybe me coming to that realization will reverse the jinx ..... If we go on to have the year we're all hoping for, I'm taking full credit.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

When we were walking to the train a little guy (could have been a leprechaun) sitting alone on the hood of his car yelled to me and my friend "you're welcome for the gift!".

I just thanked him for wearing our colors.  He almost fell of his car he was shaking so bad.

Edited by mark_my_words