• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart Interview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

FIRE EVERYONE ALL THE TIME!!!!!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Did anyone ask him about his consistently poor in-game decision making? Or did they sugar coat it? Wonder if they have the balls to ask Taggart what his expectations are for the season? Why be down when you're making $1M+ a season and you're always able to blame the previous regime for your troubles? How much worse do things need to get before he gets shown the door? It's not his first rodeo - so the learning process should have been a lot quicker with Team #2. We are in a miserable conference with very little talent - there's no reason why he can't have a team competing for a conference championship this season. Anything else should be considered a complete underachievement.

It's funny... Taggart took over a 3-9 team that was falling.  I bet you were a Holtz fan because those are the only people who don't actually realize who ruined it.  When they win this year, you're welcome to go to Orlando and be at knats fan.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Did anyone ask him about his consistently poor in-game decision making? Or did they sugar coat it? Wonder if they have the balls to ask Taggart what his expectations are for the season? Why be down when you're making $1M+ a season and you're always able to blame the previous regime for your troubles? How much worse do things need to get before he gets shown the door? It's not his first rodeo - so the learning process should have been a lot quicker with Team #2. We are in a miserable conference with very little talent - there's no reason why he can't have a team competing for a conference championship this season. Anything else should be considered a complete underachievement.

willy-wonka.png

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

...sure, let's fire a coach every three years. That will definitely build the stability we need to win conference and get a P5 call up....smh

Gotcha...make sense to me.

There's no point in even asking what his expectations for the season is because you'll get the same answer he's given the last few months. Expect a good football team, to play in a new years eve bowl game (lol). Other than the select few big time programs most coaches are just going to say "I'm excited, I'm expecting big things". 

I agree we should've been better than we were last year, but couldn't expect too much out of that team. We are in an awful conference so a good coach shouldn't need a loaded roster to be near the top if not at the top of this conference especially in year 3 now.

I think Taggart takes more heat than he normally would given the circumstances he took over because he runs our offense that has been nothing short of piss-poor. Other than we have a new offensive system, new defensive system, and the notion of our guys are getting older and more experienced so they're going to get better (none are guarantees) we don't have anything to point to of substance to really know that things are going to start to be awesome this year. It's not like this team has a solid offense and we just need to pick up the slack on defense, or we are one good group of WR away from being a serious offense or something like that.

Cyber - If the coach is crapping the bed over a 3 year tenure in the AAC he's gotta go. You're not taking over Vanderbilt in the SEC. This is USF in the AAC. Look at Justin Fuente and Memphis. His first two years there, they were 7-17. In year 3 they went 10-3 and were co-champs of the conference. I don't think you could look at their roster and say wow Memphis just had so much talent to work with they had no choice but to go 10-3. 

Stability is important, but if you don't have what it takes to get the job done they've gotta go. If you look at the flip side going for stability you could stick with a guy for 5-7 years and that just sets your program back even more than firing a few coaches after 3 seasons. 

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,306
  • Days Won:  10

My concerns is that we just changed the offense and defense and I think it is going to take time to work out those kinks.  The good thing is we are back to a system that is athlete focused which means if we get some mismatches in games we could win based on athletic talent alone.   If he does not go 6-6 it will be hard to see him not let go.   However, I would give him one more year if he went 5-7 because of the change in system we are running and his recruiting capabilities.  

I agree with USFbulls24, he is going to say rah rah we are going to be great and it is an exciting year.  He says that every year.   Leavitt one because of speed, hopefully Taggart can win for the same reason. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Give Seth a call. He'd tell you to give up the hate. Return to the force and enjoy the upcoming season, diaper-changing Sheriff!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It's funny... Taggart took over a 3-9 team that was falling.  I bet you were a Holtz fan because those are the only people who don't actually realize who ruined it.  When they win this year, you're welcome to go to Orlando and be at knats fan.

He's allowed to be unhappy with the job Taggart has done thus far just like any other fan of USF football.

When they win this year? I want nothing more than USF football to go 12-0 and win a national championship and have all the success in the world, but what we've seen out of Taggart and co. don't get upset when some are skeptical. 

Taggart took over a miserable team/situation, and went 2-10. If we played Rutgers and Louisville instead of SMU and Tulsa last year we would've gone 2-10 again, but we got lucky with a few cupcakes coming onto the schedule and dropping a conference.

Outside of recruiting Taggart hasn't done much as far as results are concerned. Maybe the locker room is different, maybe the team mindset is different, maybe the culture is different. Great, fantastic, wonderful. All  of that means nothing unless results follow. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...sure, let's fire a coach every three years. That will definitely build the stability we need to win conference and get a P5 call up....smh

Gotcha...make sense to me.

There's no point in even asking what his expectations for the season is because you'll get the same answer he's given the last few months. Expect a good football team, to play in a new years eve bowl game (lol). Other than the select few big time programs most coaches are just going to say "I'm excited, I'm expecting big things". 

I agree we should've been better than we were last year, but couldn't expect too much out of that team. We are in an awful conference so a good coach shouldn't need a loaded roster to be near the top if not at the top of this conference especially in year 3 now.

I think Taggart takes more heat than he normally would given the circumstances he took over because he runs our offense that has been nothing short of piss-poor. Other than we have a new offensive system, new defensive system, and the notion of our guys are getting older and more experienced so they're going to get better (none are guarantees) we don't have anything to point to of substance to really know that things are going to start to be awesome this year. It's not like this team has a solid offense and we just need to pick up the slack on defense, or we are one good group of WR away from being a serious offense or something like that.

Cyber - If the coach is crapping the bed over a 3 year tenure in the AAC he's gotta go. You're not taking over Vanderbilt in the SEC. This is USF in the AAC. Look at Justin Fuente and Memphis. His first two years there, they were 7-17. In year 3 they went 10-3 and were co-champs of the conference. I don't think you could look at their roster and say wow Memphis just had so much talent to work with they had no choice but to go 10-3. 

Stability is important, but if you don't have what it takes to get the job done they've gotta go. If you look at the flip side going for stability you could stick with a guy for 5-7 years and that just sets your program back even more than firing a few coaches after 3 seasons. 

Year three is huge for Taggart and USF. No denying this but....folks wanted to fire him after year one. USF needs to be competitive and continue building on the win total by another 2-3 wins. That would allow CWT to get another year that is setup for a huge year that we have waited nearly decade. I am just not a big fan of the fire the coach mentality b/c you often do more damage if you are just making a change with no real plan other than placate the masses. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart has been all talk at USF so far, so I'll wait till we see the product on the field.

Is CWT doing the play-calling this year?

Edited by Leviathan

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not buying....