• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart Interview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

-Called out the talent level of past teams. Particularly the recievers. Anyone whos watched the Bulls last several years knows he speaks truth...

Besides Davis the last 2 years who else did we have at receiver...I can't recall.

Adams and Bronson looked good in limited action last year.

Holtz really left wr and qb tallent bare besides Davis.

I seem to recall multiple receivers bailing out after Taggart was brought in as head coach. So it's great to criticize others, but sometimes the fault is your own.

I am more optimistic than I have been in a while, but I have been disappointed two years in a row by the coaches decision making overall. I hope Kinnan can knock some sense into his former pupil,

It wasn't multiple, it was Dvario Montgomery and he was upset Skip got fired. He was the exception. Skips WR recruits were not that good... actually they were pretty bad as a whole.

DIdn't Sterling Griffin leave, too?

Yep, definitely more than just D'Vario. I think a commit or two bailed as well.

Sterling left because he'd played his 5th year at USF and was granted another year. He was not the same player 3 knee surgeries later. I guess everyone forgot he was injured and they kept granting. I mean to spit hairs, yes Sterling left to go with Holtz at La Tech... didn't start and barely contributed... but ok... he left.

I don't count commits.... anytime a coach is fired commits go. I'm talking signed players and guys on the team.

If we're splitting hairs, Griffin only played 4 years for USF, 2 for LA Tech and had 800 yards to go with 4 TDs in that time. That's pretty much HOF numbers for a USF WR the past 5 years.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't count commits.... anytime a coach is fired commits go.  I'm talking signed players and guys on the team.  

That is pretty handy.  You are ignoring WRs that would have been here the last two years while complaining that there have not been enough WRs here the last two years.  I would consider that a significant flaw in your argument.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

-Called out the talent level of past teams. Particularly the recievers. Anyone whos watched the Bulls last several years knows he speaks truth...

Besides Davis the last 2 years who else did we have at receiver...I can't recall.

Adams and Bronson looked good in limited action last year.

Holtz really left wr and qb tallent bare besides Davis.

I seem to recall multiple receivers bailing out after Taggart was brought in as head coach. So it's great to criticize others, but sometimes the fault is your own.

I am more optimistic than I have been in a while, but I have been disappointed two years in a row by the coaches decision making overall. I hope Kinnan can knock some sense into his former pupil,

It wasn't multiple, it was Dvario Montgomery and he was upset Skip got fired. He was the exception. Skips WR recruits were not that good... actually they were pretty bad as a whole.

DIdn't Sterling Griffin leave, too?

Yep, definitely more than just D'Vario. I think a commit or two bailed as well.

Sterling left because he'd played his 5th year at USF and was granted another year. He was not the same player 3 knee surgeries later. I guess everyone forgot he was injured and they kept granting. I mean to spit hairs, yes Sterling left to go with Holtz at La Tech... didn't start and barely contributed... but ok... he left.

I don't count commits.... anytime a coach is fired commits go. I'm talking signed players and guys on the team.

If we're splitting hairs, Griffin only played 4 years for USF, 2 for LA Tech and had 800 yards to go with 4 TDs in that time. That's pretty much HOF numbers for a USF WR the past 5 years.

3 playing years at USF, 1 medical redshirt 2010, and 2 years at La Tech... 

Well...  considering our offensive ineptitude in the west coast system and the last season on skip... yeah those are great numbers.  lol

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I don't count commits.... anytime a coach is fired commits go.  I'm talking signed players and guys on the team.  

That is pretty handy.  You are ignoring WRs that would have been here the last two years while complaining that there have not been enough WRs here the last two years.  I would consider that a significant flaw in your argument.

Do you even understand recruiting at all?  I'm not being a ****, I'm just wondering because a commit is not even enrolled in the college.  They've actually yet to finish high school and they have not signed letters of intent.  They are constantly flipping.  I mean that's not handy, that is actually looking at who the team has signed and who's on the roster.  So you make no sense trying to include someone who was being recruited.  That's just illogical for so many reasons.  You are trying to bolster an argument information not related to who left the school.  What roster WRs did we lose?  We lost 2...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Sounded pretty much the same to me as past interviews.

Do you even understand recruiting at all?  I'm not being a ****, I'm just wondering because a commit is not even enrolled in the college.  They've actually yet to finish high school and they have not signed letters of intent.  They are constantly flipping.  I mean that's not handy, that is actually looking at who the team has signed and who's on the roster.  So you make no sense trying to include someone who was being recruited.  That's just illogical for so many reasons.  You are trying to bolster an argument information not related to who left the school.  What roster WRs did we lose?  We lost 2...

Yes I understand recruiting quite well.  Thus I understand that small, speedy recievers committed to USF because they fit the spread offense well took one look at Taggart's offense and ran away screaming.  

To say that the cupboard is bare ignores the fact that Taggart's offense scared away receivers that would have been here had Holtz remained.  Would they be better or worse?  I have no idea.  But if you are being honest, that must be part of your equation and you are completely ignoring reality in order to bolster your argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Sweet, another "...do you even lift, bro?" thread.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Yes I understand recruiting quite well.  Thus I understand that small, speedy recievers committed to USF because they fit the spread offense well took one look at Taggart's offense and ran away screaming.  

Interesting, looking back at the recruiting that year, didn't see any of those type receivers run away screaming after the Taggart hire, http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/87935-usf-football-commits-2013/... Do I even bother asking for names and dates these small, speedy receivers decommitted?

Interesting, looking back at the recruiting that year, didn't see any of those type receivers run away screaming after the Taggart hire, http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/87935-usf-football-commits-2013/... Do I even bother asking for names and dates these small, speedy receivers decommitted?

Xavier Richardson

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Xavier Richardson

Nice try .... and Richardson was 6' 3" 190 .... not what one would call a "small, speedy receiver".

Immokalee receivers Tshumbi Johnson and Xavier Richardson were USF's first commitments for the 2013 class back in February, but neither are in USF's future plans, Indians coach Jerrod Ackley confirmed Friday.

Ackley said that USF's previous coaching staff, under Skip Holtz, had dropped both players during the season due to academic concerns, and Willie Taggart's staff has not inquired about either. Johnson is now "firmly" committed to playing at Cincinnati with improved test scores, he said, while the 6-foot-4 Richardson is now focusing on playing college basketball.

"They told me pretty early they were dropping Tshumbi and Xavier, I would say end of September," said Ackley, who has a policy of not discussing recruiting with reporters during his team's run to the state championship game and returned a call from the Times on Friday.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/immokalee-coach-wr-richardson-not-usf-bound