• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whats the word on Coach Kinnan?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Taggart hasn't shown the ability to get plays into the huddle on time on a consistent basis.

What's the relevance of your post to this thread?
So what if Kinnan is a special whatever. CWT has a slow delivery
Hyberbolic much... smazza... I mean Delda ;-)

In all seriousness, it easy to see where his impact could be tremendous, including game planning opponents, implementing the entirely new spread offense, real time gameday adjustment, situation play calling, a voice of reason when CWTis wrong, etc etc

we dont have a a reliable qb!

cwt rules with an iron fist and has demonstraated he let's his egoget the best of him

Your nothing if not reliable smazza.

I think the O coords will run the show, save some situational calling unless things go south. Remember this is not CWT's O. It no coiendence we have Reaves, Hope, Kinnan, and now Jared Clark whom also implemented the spread O... CWT brought in expertise where he needed it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I also read someone asked about kinnan in one of the rallies and taggart said he's going to be in the booth.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The offense the past two seasons has been atrocious.I'm in the Delda/Smazza camp on this one, it totally sounds like a cluster and with Taggart retaining play calling, I'm not too inclined to think that full-time/consultant Kinnan (whatever his upgraded title is) can help Taggart call the plays in quicker and actually take advantage of defensive mismatches. We'll see soon enough.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I think a big help here is that Kinnan knows the limits of the signal caller that will be taking snaps. No matter who it is, he along with the other coaches will only ask that man to make plays they feel he can make.

With a spread attack(depending on how we use it), I would feel better letting Flowers run the offense or honestly even Bench.

Flowers with his solid build and Bench has shown he's not scared to lower his pads and make a play.

I realize that Kinnan is not the head coach or even an OC but this is why I feel he will be listened to and taken seriously by the others coaches when it comes to those crucial third and short plays that killed us time and time again due to second guessing the play call on CWT's part(there you go DELdaBull).

It's not about having the best QB but rather one a coach can assist to manage the game and allow them to understand that you play one down at a time and the first downs will come with positive yards.

I think that all these offensive coaches will gel quickly and we could see some big improvements in the offense.

We have some great talent and that Florida speed and if we can get the OL to understand their blocking assignments, I can see great things from our team.

On a side note, I think that the defense will play a big role in our wins. If they can get off the field and give us the field position that we know they can, I feel we should be able to compete with most of those teams on the schedule.

Go Bulls!

The offense the past two seasons has been atrocious.I'm in the Delda/Smazza camp on this one, it totally sounds like a cluster and with Taggart retaining play calling, I'm not too inclined to think that full-time/consultant Kinnan (whatever his upgraded title is) can help Taggart call the plays in quicker and actually take advantage of defensive mismatches. We'll see soon enough.

I hope that you're wrong. We all know that history tends to repeat itself but I think that CWT will learn to get the plays in much quicker and with an uptempo and less huddles, we should be fine.

With that being said, we still need our guys to make plays and not drop passes or miss key blocks.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I hope that you're wrong. We all know that history tends to repeat itself but I think that CWT will learn to get the plays in much quicker and with an uptempo and less huddles, we should be fine.

With that being said, we still need our guys to make plays and not drop passes or miss key blocks.

Agreed, I hope I'm wrong too.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I don't even know if he will be allowed in the booth.

there was an article where CWT was saying he wasn't sure whether he would be on the field or in the booth

That's not important to Deldabull... that's simply a fact you are giving.  Del, he/she, simply just pulls it out of thin air without realizing that the narrative in his/her head is false.  Doesn't matter what the Kinnan, the school, the head coach, the AD, and what's been reporte... Del simply says it because if he says it, that makes it true.   :facepalm:

I don't even know if he will be allowed in the booth.

there was an article where CWT was saying he wasn't sure whether he would be on the field or in the booth

That's not important to Deldabull... that's simply a fact you are giving.  Del, he/she, simply just pulls it out of thin air without realizing that the narrative in his/her head is false.  Doesn't matter what the Kinnan, the school, the head coach, the AD, and what's been reporte... Del simply says it because if he says it, that makes it true.   :facepalm:

^^ :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

So Kinnan is locked in a small room with a chalk board drawing up plays?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The offense the past two seasons has been atrocious.I'm in the Delda/Smazza camp on this one, it totally sounds like a cluster and with Taggart retaining play calling, I'm not too inclined to think that full-time/consultant Kinnan (whatever his upgraded title is) can help Taggart call the plays in quicker and actually take advantage of defensive mismatches. We'll see soon enough.

Agreed, I hope I'm wrong too.

Same. But for 2 seasons the head coach has shown he can't get the play in quickly. Until he shows that he can - he can't.