• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I'm not sure how 111 yards passing over five games with 2 ints and no touchdowns would help anyone's career. I think it was just a total waste of doing that last year regardless of who they signed this year, because years from now we might still need him. If of all the quarterbacks on the roster he becomes the next Matt Grothe or BJ Daniels, wouldn't you want to have him for another year? When he's actually developed?

Wait... BJ was in a completely different situation. We had Matt, who was a returning 2 year starter when B.J. walked on campus. We on the other hand had Mike White... who liked to throw ints... A lot it appears. He couldn't run nor throw on the run. Bench... he is a backup. I believe any experience gained is good experience if the player uses it to improve his game. So I think having played a total of about 4 quarters total last season helped him.

That's not what I meant when I brought those two up, I meant quality wise as a QB. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have him for an extra year at the end of his career when he's developed if he gets as good as them.

This was one of the really indefensible things that CWT has done. I just don't get wasting a year of Flowers' eligibility on the way he was used last year ... especially if he doesn't get the starting nod this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I'm not sure how 111 yards passing over five games with 2 ints and no touchdowns would help anyone's career. I think it was just a total waste of doing that last year regardless of who they signed this year, because years from now we might still need him. If of all the quarterbacks on the roster he becomes the next Matt Grothe or BJ Daniels, wouldn't you want to have him for another year? When he's actually developed?

Wait... BJ was in a completely different situation. We had Matt, who was a returning 2 year starter when B.J. walked on campus. We on the other hand had Mike White... who liked to throw ints... A lot it appears. He couldn't run nor throw on the run. Bench... he is a backup. I believe any experience gained is good experience if the player uses it to improve his game. So I think having played a total of about 4 quarters total last season helped him.

That's not what I meant when I brought those two up, I meant quality wise as a QB. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have him for an extra year at the end of his career when he's developed if he gets as good as them.

This was one of the really indefensible things that CWT has done. I just don't get wasting a year of Flowers' eligibility on the way he was used last year ... especially if he doesn't get the starting nod this year.

wasn't there rumors of him leaving if he didn't get playing time?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The better question is, "What is there not a rumor of?".

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

wasn't there rumors of him leaving if he didn't get playing time?

Like slick said, what were there not rumors of ....?  Anytime someone wanted to take a shot at CWT, a rumor popped up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe my memory is screwed up but didn't flowers play (burn his red shirt) before he found out his brother died? I thought that happened right before the game he started. Even though he went on to play he was not mentally there. I think any plans for Flowers that year went out the window with his brothers death. It seemed like he tried to play through it and the coach gave his support but the situation just wasn't right. I can't fault him at all there was a lot to battle through and he tried. 

I am not concerned at all about red shirts. We will keep bringing in QB's to compete. Some of them will work out and we will appreciate their service for as long as we can. But we are in no position to be sitting on players. We need to be a winning program again and now!

I also suspect the current QB battle and the lack of will to name a starter now may very well hang on the fate of this waver. When the news of the waver comes out i suspect if it is denied we find who our starter is. If it is approved we have a "battle" right up until the first game. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

CWT said yesterday that it is highly unlikely that Woulard will get the approval. It is up to Flowers or Bench to shine.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

CWT said yesterday that it is highly unlikely that Woulard will get the approval. It is up to Flowers or Bench to shine.

Now that's something CWT says that I completely agree with.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

According to reports, he did not say "highly unlikely" he said "not really" expecting him to get the waiver.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

According to reports, he did not say "highly unlikely" he said "not really" expecting him to get the waiver.

Regardless, for CWT, Flowers better step it up. Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

WHY>>>would he say that at all?  Not sure if it matters, but if I was HC, I'd say, "It's out of our control, but we believe we've made a strong case for a waiver and now we have to see what the NCAA says.  In the meantime, I'm focused on the team cleared to play."

Why get quoted saying you have low expectations?  Makes it sound like you don't feel you have a case.  Not sure if anyone at the NCAA would hear this...but they are human, too.  If they did, it'd be pretty easy to say, "If the coach doesn't think it's a strong case, why should WE?".