• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls greatest plays/blunders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Since it was suggested in another thread. What are some of the greatest plays/blunders you remember:

Examples:

Greatest plays: 1. Marlon Mack run UCF 2016 2. Grothe 80 yd run Pittsburgh 2007 3. Hester OT TD catch Auburn 2007  4. Flowers Game winning TD throw SOuth Carolina 2016 and Texas Tech 2017

Blunders: 1. 4th and 24 Houston 2017 2. Rutgers forward propulsion 2007 2. Rutgers offensive pass interference that wasnt.   3.  Carlton Mitchell TD drop Cincinnati 2007 4. Multiple UCONN games  5. Kickoff TD UCF 2017 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1.  Going back to the first game I attended, it was a Halloween night vs Cinci in '03 (maybe?) and Selmon Jr intercepted a pass in OT to clinch the victory.

2. A dropped pass in the endzone by a tight end at RayJay vs Rutgers, possibly in OT.

3. A missed short field goal @ Rutgers as time expired that would have won the game.  We lost, I believe, in OT which ticked me off so much that we shortened our trip and didn't go up to Syracuse the next week where, of course, we won.

Rutgers seems to be a commonality in these bad things.  

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The fact that we are 21 years into this thing and have yet to win one stickin conference championship....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Greatest - Letting QF play QB

Worst - Hiring Skip Holtz

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The big stand-outs come to mind first, but this little jewel from BJ was one of the coolest plays I saw while he was here...so many poster plays

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

John Lejeiste Florida St hit

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

1.  Going back to the first game I attended, it was a Halloween night vs Cinci in '03 (maybe?) and Selmon Jr intercepted a pass in OT to clinch the victory.

2. A dropped pass in the endzone by a tight end at RayJay vs Rutgers, possibly in OT.

3. A missed short field goal @ Rutgers as time expired that would have won the game.  We lost, I believe, in OT which ticked me off so much that we shortened our trip and didn't go up to Syracuse the next week where, of course, we won.

Rutgers seems to be a commonality in these bad things.  

Speaking of Syracuse, you missed this play in person. Man, what a hit that was. I was sitting with Severoni's family and we could clearly hear the hit. What a huge sigh of relief to hear he was just fine. Like Grothe says, Grant was a durned cyborg!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

A lot of good plays here – if I were to search the ol’ memory banks for the plays that made me cheer the loudest in the early days of me being a fan, these are what come to mind first (that haven’t been mentioned) – not exhaustive in the least. They weren’t all necessarily game-changers, just plays that stuck out in my mind that we talked about around the water-cooler the next day.

·         A Jackson 51 yd end around vs UL 2005

·         Sack / scoop and score @ Rutgers 2005

·         M Grothe first TD pass vs McNeese 2006

·         M Grothe avoids sack vs Pitt 2006

·         E Randolph screen play vs UCF 2006

·         B Moffitt INT return for TD vs WVU 2007

·         M Jenkins big hit vs Cincy 2007

·         M Bonani 43-yd FG vs Kansas 2008

·         Goal line stand vs FSU 2009

·         K Webster fumble recovery @ ND 2011

·         T McCants drags defender @ UCF  2017 - had to mention this one even though I said "early days"

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'll throw a few in that I haven't seen mentioned...

Good

2007- Jenks pick at Auburn, that game felt like it was about to slip away when he pulled down that red zone pick

2009- Nate Allen had a big hit early in the FSU game that set the tone, next time through, WR got alligator arms and FSU punted on their first possession I believe

2005 - someone mentioned 1 A Jackson play, but, really, give the kid the whole game. He went beast mode.

2007 - C Mitchell catch on the sidelines against WVU for a TD

2016 - Flowers gets it out to Adams as he's being tackled for a huge first down against Memphis to stay in the game

2016 - pretty much every 3rd and 7ish when the whole world knew Q was going to run and he still got the first

Bad

2007 - Alverado almost kills a cheerleader with one of his many shanks against Auburn (to be fair, the tying FG he hit may have been one of my favorite plays, kid had to feel like garbage that day, but, he made it when we needed it the most)

2016 - that GD MF'n FB for Temple diving at people's knees trying to end careers the whole game and the announcers acting like he was a badass out there "blocking"

Any time we played Ray Rice

2009 - backstage Louisville (or at least the "story" about it)

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Good - Taurus Johnson's hit in the 2008 UCF game (shown on the Jumbotron as the hit of the game, but incorrectly credited to UCF)

Blunders - every play we ran in East Hartford from 2005 to 2011