• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody a wee bit concerned about Flowers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

Not concerned but I would like to see a few more easy throws early to build his confidence. 

This. The late pass to McCants that he fell down on before scoring is a good play, gets things going and is generally a positive play.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Not concerned but I would like to see a few more easy throws early to build his confidence. 

We're busy testing the DTs early. And late. And part of the middle.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Hot take: we need to throw the ball

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

He just never got into any rhythm in this game.  We ran the ball a majority of the time.  We need to pass more on first down running on first and second and passing on third is very predictable with this offense, Gilbert needs to keep this offense open like vs Illinois. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He just never got into any rhythm in this game.  We ran the ball a majority of the time.  We need to pass more on first down running on first and second and passing on third is very predictable with this offense, Gilbert needs to keep this offense open like vs Illinois. 

Or, or, or...bear with me...do what needs to be done to win the game (by a lot).  Flowers was off early and we had success running the ball and out defense was playing lights out.  I would have liked to see more passing, but, you know what, I'll take a 43-7 win every day.

• Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

But are we sacrificing something giving up on the passing game? It's easy to say he was off and abandon the passing game, but that seems to be the only thing Gilbert knows how to do.

Gilbert is like a Madden player who only knows how to call 1 play and hopes that he gets lucky.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

No he is fine.  Threw at least 3tds that either rcvr fell or was too drunk to catch.  He didnt see the field as well tonight but the rcvrs gotta step up more.  Hopefully Antoine will be back

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Q doesn't look very comfortable passing in this offense.  Need more high percentage throws, bubble screens, etc.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

I think FLOWERS was upset with himself... A player that intense gets in his own head... This just wasn't a passing night... But, this lack of concentration on our guard causing 4 of our 18 penalties I think it was 18, anyway unacceptable... We won, because the other team played worse then us... We need to get better and I think we will... Oh I'm SKEETER I used to belong to this forum back in Matt Grothe day... My Son graduated in 2012... But, Ive been a fan for a long time... Goooo BULLS...!!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

No. Not concerned at all. He has always stepped up when it counted and wil again.