• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone find 6 wins?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just like in the US, pizza in Italy is regional.  I've had pizza in Sicily, Rome, Naples, Florence.  All a little different from each other.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

FAMU - WIN
FSU - LOSS
UMD - WIN (I don't think they got significantly better than last season and we still should have won that game)
Memphis - WIN (they lost 8 guys on defense and a few on offense.  I just don't think the defense is going to be like it was)
Syracuse - WIN
UCONN = WIN
SMU - WIN
Navy - LOSS (I think we could potentially have problems with the option they run and it's at Navy)
ECU -  WIN (I just think we'll be a better team)
Temple -  WIN
Cincy - LOSS
UCF - WIN

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We were so unbelievably lucky to have been in the position of "still should have won that game" against Maryland last year.  You don't get a +5 turnover margin and lose a game to an equivalent opponent.  That's not a performance by the defense or their offense that can be expected to happen again this year.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

FAMU - WIN

FSU - LOSS

UMD - WIN (I don't think they got significantly better than last season and we still should have won that game)

Memphis - WIN (they lost 8 guys on defense and a few on offense. I just don't think the defense is going to be like it was)

Syracuse - WIN

UCONN = WIN

SMU - WIN

Navy - LOSS (I think we could potentially have problems with the option they run and it's at Navy)

ECU - WIN (I just think we'll be a better team)

Temple - WIN

Cincy - LOSS

UCF - WIN

I like this kid's optimism.

Or whatever they are smoking

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

FAMU - WIN

FSU - LOSS

Memphis - WIN (they lost 8 guys on defense and a few on offense. I just don't think the defense is going to be like it was)

Syracuse - WIN

UCONN = WIN

SMU - WIN

Temple - WIN

Cincy - LOSS

UCF - WIN

The optimism is awesome.

I see FAMU as the only guaranteed win. Until we see how we do against them it's all fun speculation. And we have 108 days to speculate.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The optimism is awesome.

I see FAMU as the only guaranteed win. Until we see how we do against them it's all fun speculation. And we have 108 days to speculate.

Guarantee is even a bit strong imo.  I think it's the only game we are highly likely to win.

FAMU - WIN

FSU - LOSS

Syracuse - WIN

UCONN = WIN

SMU - WIN

Temple - WIN

Cincy - LOSS

UCF - WIN

The optimism is awesome.

I mean I'm optimistic because I know a lot of teams on our schedule lost a lot from last year.  Maryland, Memphis, ECU, Temple, and ucf.  Whether people want to admit it or not, USF was a three year project.  We were terrible.  Those young guys got thrown out into the fire early and they responded.  I think with the amount of talent we recruited, coupled with their experience now, we should be able to win some games.  I just think given the system and the guys, we'll be a lot better.  I've not thought this since 2009, which to me was the last season we played like anything resembling a USF team.  The Holtz years were trash, even the year we beat Clemson.  They had been made soft that year.  That team should have won the conference.

So my optimism is coming after 5 years of calling BS on others expectations.  I finally will agree with those guys now, I really think this is the year things turn around.  I like this team.  But I do get the pessimism.

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

The optimism is awesome.

Guarantee is even a bit strong imo.  I think it's the only game we are highly likely to win.

It's my stone cold lock of the year and I'm giving it away for free. If you want more picks you'll have to call my 900 number!

The optimism is awesome.

It's my stone cold lock of the year and I'm giving it away for free. If you want more picks you'll have to call my 900 number!

Sticking to those guns.  I like your style hombre, I also say that game is a lock.   :GoBulls:  :iconic_u_black: <--- I literally just discovered these.  

We were so unbelievably lucky to have been in the position of "still should have won that game" against Maryland last year.  You don't get a +5 turnover margin and lose a game to an equivalent opponent.  That's not a performance by the defense or their offense that can be expected to happen again this year.

I get that.  Maryland also lost all of it's defensive linemen and LBs from one of the better defenses they've had recently.  I just think this is a year where you look at our schedule and many of the teams lost key player and/or players in big numbers.  It seems like a very winnable schedule and unlike most, I liked what I saw in spring ball.  I mean the scrimmage wasn't a scoring festival but they played good defense, limited fumbles (which went unnoticed it seems), the running game looks to be on track, and Flowers is not the same guy I saw last season.  I think he's catching up to his talent, and I think he has a lot of talent (that kid is going to kill with his legs).  I'm optimistic... This reminds me of the USF teams type teams we had during my freshman year... actually this team reminds me of the 2006 team.