• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So After A Couple Years In The AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It took too long to poll all interested parties. Decision making was not a strength of the administration.

yep, it did take too long to develop

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

I still feel things happen in cycles, look at UCF football 10 years ago it was the laughing stock of college football, now look at them.  I know basketball we have always been bad, but the football program is not even 20 years old, programs have down years or decades, heck look at Rutgers, they werent relevant for over a 100 years.  I think AAC is USF's wake up call, we had fun with the big boys but we have come back to Earth and need to figure out what we are.  We need to start winning conference titles in football or basketball before we start to think P5.  i feel USF is close bc our other sports can win we just need football and basketball too.  The other sports I am proud of them winning and makes being a fan and alumni less depressing, but it is only icing on the cake, we just need the cake.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

I still feel things happen in cycles, look at UCF football 10 years ago it was the laughing stock of college football, now look at them.  I know basketball we have always been bad, but the football program is not even 20 years old, programs have down years or decades, heck look at Rutgers, they werent relevant for over a 100 years.  I think AAC is USF's wake up call, we had fun with the big boys but we have come back to Earth and need to figure out what we are.  We need to start winning conference titles in football or basketball before we start to think P5.  i feel USF is close bc our other sports can win we just need football and basketball too.  The other sports I am proud of them winning and makes being a fan and alumni less depressing, but it is only icing on the cake, we just need the cake.

To an extent. You've got to get a coach and players in order to get the cycle back up. I think we're getting the players now. Not so sure on the coach...

It's all hindsight. USF took a big gamble and lost. Even if we kept CJL and fired Doug, I still think we'd be left behind because all the schools that left had more to offer and were bigger brands. Cincy and UConn were always better brands than us/offered more and here we are with them still.

I don't think that's the case at all. If we continued to go 8-5 or so every year and beating OOC teams. We would have AT WORST been in the conversation. That wasn't even the case once he was let go and everything exploded.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Mmmmmmm 8-5. aaaaaaaaagh

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Sitting out in that cold watching that sorry game I was just upset I couldn't get on the bus with them.  I wasn't in the mood to talk anyone off the ledge that night.  We did leave early and ran into CJL's mother-in-law getting off the shuttle.  She was leaving early as well. 

We don't know all the big muckety-mucks.  But the ones that I knew/recognized then are still around and still supporting.

See. Now that's quality intelligence information. 

I reckon that's just the way things are...those who pay the bills have a say, in some instances too much of a say (is it possible that we have no experience dealing with this? Is it a case of growing pains...learning how to run a program without letting those who fund it perhaps overstep their bounds (managing expectations))?  Does it come down to the 'make it happen' mentality? 

Thanks for the peek behind the curtain. 'Cause you know...the CJL x CSH scenario could have been a learning experience for all involved...including those funding the program. 

"A national championship expected next year".

See.

Now we can have quite a discussion on managing expectations.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

To an extent. You've got to get a coach and players in order to get the cycle back up. I think we're getting the players now. Not so sure on the coach...

really?  we dont have A PROVEN qb.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Sitting out in that cold watching that sorry game I was just upset I couldn't get on the bus with them.  I wasn't in the mood to talk anyone off the ledge that night.  We did leave early and ran into CJL's mother-in-law getting off the shuttle.  She was leaving early as well. 

We don't know all the big muckety-mucks.  But the ones that I knew/recognized then are still around and still supporting.

See. Now that's quality intelligence information. 

I reckon that's just the way things are...those who pay the bills have a say, in some instances too much of a say (is it possible that we have no experience dealing with this? Is it a case of growing pains...learning how to run a program without letting those who fund it perhaps overstep their bounds (managing expectations))?  Does it come down to the 'make it happen' mentality? 

Thanks for the peek behind the curtain. 'Cause you know...the CJL x CSH scenario could have been a learning experience for all involved...including those funding the program. 

"A national championship expected next year".

See.

Now we can have quite a discussion on managing expectations.

WoolyBully, do NOT come on here with any semblance of logic and or reason. Please, everybody knows that if leadership lets money sway their decision making they have got to be weak leaders.   

Edited by BDYZR

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

It's all hindsight. USF took a big gamble and lost. Even if we kept CJL and fired Doug, I still think we'd be left behind because all the schools that left had more to offer and were bigger brands. Cincy and UConn were always better brands than us/offered more and here we are with them still.

Couldn't agree more. There's been no indication up to this point that football was any kind of serious driver in realignment. If CJL was here, we'd still be in the AAC with one difference being we'd be 6-0 against the Kanigits.

really?  we dont have A PROVEN qb.

Was Justin Holman a "PROVEN" qb for ucf last year? Prior to last year he had attempted 14 passes in his college career. They went 9-3 last year in the AAC with a MEDIOCRE team and a MEDIOCRE qb. You don't need a Brad Kaaya or Jameis Winston to win games in the american tragic conference.