• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post spring depth chart

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

So a couple of weeks ago Taggart was talking about the need to name a starting QB.  Now he's saying that you can't name a starting QB based on one game or one scrimmage, so he isn't going to name one.  He could have said that weeks ago, but he was saying the coaches would name on starter.  

How many spring games did he think they were going to play?  Did USF cancel a six game spring season?

What Taggart says one day is contradicted the next.  You can't run any organization that way and expect to get results.  It's no wonder the team has been miserable the last two years.  The players never know what the plan is from one day to the next.

Please post some links to actual CWT quotes where he has contradicted himself about this ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So a couple of weeks ago Taggart was talking about the need to name a starting QB.  Now he's saying that you can't name a starting QB based on one game or one scrimmage, so he isn't going to name one.  He could have said that weeks ago, but he was saying the coaches would name on starter.  

How many spring games did he think they were going to play?  Did USF cancel a six game spring season?

What Taggart says one day is contradicted the next.  You can't run any organization that way and expect to get results.  It's no wonder the team has been miserable the last two years.  The players never know what the plan is from one day to the next.

Please post some links to actual CWT quotes where he has contradicted himself about this ...

Sigh.  Here we go again.  It being late tonight, I might not be able to dig up his quotes from a few weeks ago. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sigh.  Here we go again.  It being late tonight, I might not be able to dig up his quotes from a few weeks ago. 

My apologies.  Apparently he did say that a starter would be named "if we feel comfortable".  I guess he isn't comfortable, despite saying that "But I think it's important that we eventually name (one) so that guy can go and be the leader, and this entire football team knows who their leader is going to be and can get behind him and get rolling."

This, of course, is a flop from previous years when he never thought it was important to name a starter before the Friday of game week.   But technically he didn't exactly contradict himself, so now I feel much better.

Trip, you were right.

Oops, almost forgot the link.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-still-adjusting-to-new-offense/2223257

Edited by ShadowBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

My apologies.  Apparently he did say that a starter would be named "if we feel comfortable".  I guess he isn't comfortable, despite saying that "But I think it's important that we eventually name (one) so that guy can go and be the leader, and this entire football team knows who their leader is going to be and can get behind him and get rolling."

I think we all can agree that it's important they eventually name one. We haven't really done all that well with 11 players on offense so only going with 10 would not appear to be a wise move ...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Most concerned about the oline, 3 out of 5 starters are under 300#'s

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

"If we don't, then we'll go into the fall."

That's what I remembered. I think he's always WANTED to name a starter at QB. If he just wanted to keep everyone guessing, he'd do the "OR" with a lot more positions. But if there's a clear position pick (like Mack for instance), he writes him in. If it clears up quickly in fall, I think we'll see a name.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He also needs to tread lightly. If he outright named Flowers the starter and Bench decided to transfer as well...

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Hopefully that means we have two capable QB's!  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Hopefully that means we have two capable QB's!  

Hopefully.  But that's not what it meant last year and the year before.

He also needs to tread lightly. If he outright named Flowers the starter and Bench decided to transfer as well...

Bench won't transfer. He could sit out a year, and play one more... I just don't see that happening.