• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White given release from USF football, will transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm pulling for QF at this point.

ya, me too, has the biggest upside IMO. But I'm perfectly willing to entertain starting SB if he proves out.

Actually Brett Kean has the best upside

I wouldn't know, I haven't seen him run a single play yet.

DId he win a state title in his senior year of high school? That's always a solid predictor of future success.

Absolutely, and state champion just isn't something you can teach.  

I think JTrue was being sarcastic. Example: Mike White won a state title too.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

ya, me too, has the biggest upside IMO. But I'm perfectly willing to entertain starting SB if he proves out.

I'm with you.  I've not seen Kean throw a single pass yet so I don't know if he has the most upside or not.  I remember there was a time when some USF fans thought Matt Floyd had more "upside" than B.J. Daniels.  If I go by the only thing that I can go by and compare their recruiting rankings, it seems Flowers has the most upside.  Basing on what I saw in the spring practices, Flowers is going to be the guy this year.  Unless he gets hurt, Kean will not see the field.  He'll likely redshirt as he should.  It's crazy what people want.  The past two years were likely anomalies due to lack talent, experience, and/or depth.  Besides, Flowers is better than Kean right now.  He will be for a while.

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

DId he win a state title in his senior year of high school? That's always a solid predictor of future success.

I think JTrue was being sarcastic. Example: Mike White won a state title too.

UhYeah.gif

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm with you.  I've not seen Kean throw a single pass yet so I don't know if he has the most upside or not.  I remember there was a time when some USF fans thought Matt Floyd had more "upside" than B.J. Daniels.  If I go by the only thing that I can go by and compare their recruiting rankings, it seems Flowers has the most upside.  Basing on what I saw in the spring practices, Flowers is going to be the guy this year.  Unless he gets hurt, Kean will not see the field.  He'll likely redshirt as he should.  It's crazy what people want.  The past two years were likely anomalies due to lack talent, experience, and/or depth.  Besides, Flowers is better than Kean right now.  He will be for a while.

Those fans were morons. Some of them remain morons.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Were there really such fans?

Yup... Following Floyd's first spring game.  There were also people who thought Eveld should have been starting.  I'm not sure what they were saying on the blogs here but on TBT sight, that's all they talked about.  It's when that guy Greg Auman was covering us. I think that was the 2011 spring game in regards to the Floyd chatter. 

Right now Flowers is our best QB.  He is going to start this season.  He's probably going to have a pretty good year also.  For what it appears Taggart wants to do, he's also our best option.   That kid has a ton of talent.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Yup... Following Floyd's first spring game.  There were also people who thought Eveld should have been starting.  I'm not sure what they were saying on the blogs here but on TBT sight, that's all they talked about.  It's when that guy Greg Auman was covering us. I think that was the 2011 spring game in regards to the Floyd chatter. 

Right now Flowers is our best QB.  He is going to start this season.  He's probably going to have a pretty good year also.  For what it appears Taggart wants to do, he's also our best option.   That kid has a ton of talent.  

Wasn't Floyd's first Spring game the one where he fumbled like a hundred times? ..... and the knucklehead ratio on GA's blog's message board was a lot higher than here .... Sorry, Jupe. ;)

Wasn't Floyd's first Spring game the one where he fumbled like a hundred times? ..... and the knucklehead ratio on GA's blog's message board was a lot higher than here .... Sorry, Jupe. ;)

Nope... Matt was an early enrollee.  He eventually redshirted but he was throwing a bunch of deep balls his first spring.  He threw and int that game, but he connected on a few balls he put up for grabs.  

Edited by USF2011Grad

Nope... Matt was an early enrollee.  He eventually redshirted but he was throwing a bunch of deep balls his first spring.  He threw and int that game, but he connected on a few balls he put up for grabs.  

Actually I have to correct myself.  That was the first green white game they had in the old soccer field.  When Darrel Scott participated for the first time, and sprang an ankle.  That spring game he did put the ball down once and I think threw an int.  I can't remember.  But the old Auman articles are probably still up, I'm sure those guys left some opinions there.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I stand by my statement Edited by George Jenkins