• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Tournament First Round -USF VS. LSU Game Thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Don't want to quote 5 different things so here are some thoughts on some of the posts I read here. 

To the guy that said Courtney was going too fast.  I've found that in the big games she does that. In particular she tries to elevate too much and throws her shot off a bit. I've mentioned that before and someone on here disagrees (surprise) but my eyes tell me she does try too hard. 

As for the crowd, this is one time the announced number seems low.  They usually announce tickets distributed which I thought was closer to 8k.  And it appeared that there were over 6k if that plays does hold 10. 

Crowd for Monday will be less.  School night, 9 pm start.  I know our daughter, son-in-law and grandson won't be there.  Would be really nice to see lower bowl filled and student section filled.  4 - 5k would be great.

L'ville looked good in the first game.  But if we make 35 - 40% or more from 3 we win.  Don't know what happened to Tamara Taylor last night.  Hope it was just an off night but I'm afraid with 2 air balls it was nerves.  Not good.  Hopefully she returns to form.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Nobody got a picture of the LSU cheerleaders spelling USL during one of the time outs? I'm still kicking myself for not getting my phone up in time, since I was to busy chanting U-S-L. 

I have to remember it's a new age, mockery does not rate over online embarrassment. :D

As for the crowd, this is one time the announced number seems low.  They usually announce tickets distributed which I thought was closer to 8k.  And it appeared that there were over 6k if that plays does hold 10. 

Crowd for Monday will be less.  School night, 9 pm start.  I know our daughter, son-in-law and grandson won't be there.  Would be really nice to see lower bowl filled and student section filled.  4 - 5k would be great.

I sat in the 300s... it was rather obvious the place was only about 60% full... and some of the tickets that were 'distributed' were bought by TECO.

About the middle of the first half, I thought ... this looks like about 6,000 people.

I agree it would be nice to have 5000 there Monday... Louisville has a good contingent of fans in the Bay area - so they might have more people too.

"It's a feeling I'll never forget. I've never played a game with that many ppl supporting me." M. Jespersen on how it felt seeing the crowd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Nobody got a picture of the LSU cheerleaders spelling USL during one of the time outs? I'm still kicking myself for not getting my phone up in time, since I was to busy chanting U-S-L. 

I have to remember it's a new age, mockery does not rate over online embarrassment. :D

Say no more!! I saw it and immediately grabbed my phone.

10314511_10103747228316261_7429896044760

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

When they first started putting up the letters, I thought they were spelling out USF. LOL

Thank you. I have a friend who is a LSU alum. He doesn't believe me, saying, "With no pictures, it didn't happen." He'll be devastated. :D

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Hilarious!!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Our ladies just don't seem to have two sub-par games in a row. Although the LSU game was a big win, they definitely didn't play up to their potential.

Remember, we looked very suspect against Tulane in the AAC semis and then gave UCONN one of their 3 toughest games all year.

I believe that we will come out tonight with guns blazing. Also, keep in mind the revenge factor, as we lost to them 3 times last season, including by 4 points in the AAC tournament when a win might have placed us in the field of 64.   

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm surprised by our overall poor record at HOME against UL, considering that we've had some pretty good teams in recent years:

Series History: Louisville leads 26-4 (13-2 in Louisville, 12-2 in Tampa, 1-0 neutral).
Last Meeting: Louisville defeated USF 60-56 on March 9, 2014, in Uncasville, Conn.