• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I cannot wait till we start winning again in bb and fb...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yeah, it's a terrible coincidence that both our big programs are rebuilding at the same time. It would admittedly be easier to stomach a poor season or two if the guy at the helm was a proven big-name brand, but as is it's a matter of having faith--which is really stinkin hard sometimes.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Watching football and basketball with no hope for a win for either sport is really starting to get old.

There should always be hope. If you have no hope, why bother to watch?

Because I love my USF Bulls. I'm not living in a fantasy land though. I know what our teams are right now and it's not pretty. Obviously it was a slight exaggeration. I thought there was a little bit of hope to win at a bad ucf basketball team last night. I just meant the majority of games. 

There should be at least a little bit of hope in every game the Bulls play ... Sometimes I think people get hope and expectations confused.

I wish that we could win all of the games we play. I hope we win as many as possible. When watching and seeing the product the hope goes out the window very quickly. 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The last time we (allegedly) won Christ (allegedly) walked the earth. We're quickly approaching the point where winning happened so long ago that many will question if it ever actually happened.

Bulls athletics atheists. 

FIFY

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We really never won with any consistency on the hardwood

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The last time we won Christ (allegedly) walked the earth. We're quickly approaching the point where winning happened so long ago that many will question if it ever actually happened.

Bulls athletics atheists.

So by that logic does that mean USF winning in basketball is going to coincide with the rapture and would be one of the signs of the apocalypse?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,767
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes I think people get hope and expectations confused.

That is true. When I see the statement "I can see us winning [x] number of games..." or "I can see us beating [x]" ,I interpret that to mean that there has been some sort of objective analysis and there is a likelihood that the wins come to fruition. Unfortunately, what it really means - most of the time - is "I hope we win [x] number of games" or "It'd be great if we beat [x]". 

It's gotten to the point where I notice that I use the word "hope" a lot more than I used to. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

It would also be nice if playing at home gave us an advantage. On the rare occasion we pull off a win, it seems like it's always on the road.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It would also be nice if playing at home gave us an advantage. On the rare occasion we pull off a win, it seems like it's always on the road.

And never when we're on national TV

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Based solely upon the thread title, this is the only thing that pops in my head……