• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tomey (Former AZ Head Coach) joining USF as Associate AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Now, THAT's interesting

Yes. Bringing in someeone with real experience to be involved with the program. Clearly it's bowl or bust.
Clearly, Harlan feels that Taggart needs a 76 year old mentor and baby sitter. How much is Taggart costing us now?
He's not costing you ****.

Wrong locamotive breath, as an alumnus and donor, he absolutely is costing the collective us. Now run along and pick a fight with someone you think you can intimidate.
As an alumni in a household with two USF employees, he hasn't cost me anything but some lost hours of entertainment.

And as a donor, it's a donation. The point is giving your money and getting nothing in return. When you get something back, that's called a purchase.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Now, THAT's interesting

Yes. Bringing in someeone with real experience to be involved with the program. Clearly it's bowl or bust.

Clearly, Harlan feels that Taggart needs a 76 year old mentor and baby sitter.  How much is Taggart costing us now?

P.S. It's almost akin to providing a scholarship for a recruit's personal tutor because said recruit isn't capable of the college class work without him.

Alternative view is that Harlan wants to have someone whose opinion he trusts monitor the program so he can make an informed decision if he has to can a coach next year and hire another one. Presumably Tomey will be reviewing all of the details of the program and reporting unfiltered to Harlan.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I'll take it, need any reasons for optimism I can get

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Now, THAT's interesting

Clearly, Harlan feels that Taggart needs a 76 year old mentor and baby sitter. How much is Taggart costing us now?
He's not costing you ****.
Wrong locamotive breath, as an alumnus and donor, he absolutely is costing the collective us. Now run along and pick a fight with someone you think you can intimidate.
As an alumni in a household with two USF employees, he hasn't cost me anything but some lost hours of entertainment.

And as a donor, it's a donation. The point is giving your money and getting nothing in return. When you get something back, that's called a purchase.

Good for you but you realize this is athletics and not the United Way, don't you?  You also realize that each ticket I purchase is $350/season, the 6D parking for three vehicles and the tailgate gear and supplies.  Those aren't purchased?  My seat location through donations isn't part of my purchase?  

Your selflessness is truly inspiring, maybe you should join the clergy for you truly are ethereal and better than fans who expect results.  Good on you, I may have to baptise my future grandchildren with your sweat, holy water seems too caustic in comparison.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think you're the first person I've met that refers to their tailgate gear as a donation to the school. I guess if you look at it that way, you're making bad purchases.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Trip/Apis/whoever... did you guys just delete the other thread we had going on this? Strange.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wasn't me

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

If the message wasnt clear before its loud as hell now. Taggart will need to win and win big, or step aside.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

All we need now is Taggart's high school coach. Oh wait.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

All we need now is Taggart's high school coach. Oh wait.

Maybe a pay for view event, could be the main event with Joel Miller as the referee and Leavitt as the announcer:

76 year old Richard Tomey vs  66 year old Joe Kinnan

Edited by Bulls2k